PDA

View Full Version : 225dx

msrfrog
07-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I just got a yamaha 225dx and the brakes barely stop it I think it needs new cables ? any tips on this subject or any other upgrades will be very helpfull

DeePa
07-10-2005, 07:58 PM
check for adjustments on the actual brake cam/lever which sticks out of the brake drum. Also, check the adjustments at the hand levers. Does this have drum brakes or disc? What conditon are the pads in?

msrfrog
07-10-2005, 08:02 PM
drum in front and disc in rear and there non hydrolic, is the lever on the left a clutch or rear brake. I don't know much about 3 wheelers

DeePa
07-10-2005, 08:14 PM
the 225dx is an automatic, so its a brake lever

edog
07-11-2005, 08:04 AM
If it is original brake cables..then they are probbily stretch out.Replace those,and your brakes accordinaly then they will work very good then.

350x'inNY
07-11-2005, 02:02 PM
drum in front and disc in rear and there non hydrolic, is the lever on the left a clutch or rear brake. I don't know much about 3 wheelers

Left lever on the handlebar and the Right foot lever go to the rear brakes. YOu might need some new pads.... if the cable works, there's also adjustments on the cable. I doubt if the cable is stretched out to where you can't adjust it either at the lever or back on the wing nut that's on the cam back at the rear axle.

Where about's in NY? I'm in Dansville.... If you need brake pads, I get all stuff like that on ebay from a store called 3 and 4 wheeler parts... ID is bikechickunlimited or something like that....

Bruce