PDA

View Full Version : ytm update

nimda78
07-09-2005, 06:01 PM
yesterday i repaired my front and rear brakes to like new working order...just needed some cable lube and some grease applied to some of the components that friction affects. today i sanded and painted the header pipe, and changed the handle bars to a set of 2"rise steel kx80 bars. feels great!

toyota200x
07-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Pretty original but maybe a little to jazzy for my taste. Is there any reason that you have the forks slid up in the tubes?

nimda78
07-09-2005, 07:01 PM
im not sure the frame came factory red, but i like it. and it was done well, and the right way. i didnt have enough high temp matte black to do the header today, so the dark graphite was close enough. the forks came to me like that. i dont plan on moving tme up, i like the droop in the front for COG purposes.

Yamahauler
07-09-2005, 07:03 PM
The red frame wouldn't be factory, all YTM's only came with black frames. Someone must of done it theirself. It doesnt look bad either.

Huffa
07-09-2005, 08:16 PM
A little advise to help your trike look much better and this of course is just my opinion.

Take all the paint off the nuts and bolts and gas cap etc,etc etc. It just looks so gaudy like that and it's a sure bet some young kid did it. Maybe even you did it but really, that makes the trike look terrible.

In seconds with a bench wheel or a wire wheel on drill you can get it off the nuts and bolts or do you actually like that?

If you do like it, hey thats fine but some day you'll grow out of that and ask yourself "what on earth was I thinking? :rolleyes: :D

nimda78
07-09-2005, 09:17 PM
nah i agree 100% im 27, and i do think the red "detail" work is gawdy. the kid i scored it from did all that. ill keep the red frame, cause i think that is cool. but a freash coat of gloss black is in order for the engine case for sure! thanx again!

nimda78
07-10-2005, 02:58 PM
i was thinking, the engine already has atleast one factory coat and at least one spraycan coat of paint on it as it sits...should i spray the engine with easy off oven cleaner to break up the walmart paint this guy had put on the cooling fins, or would a freash coat over whats there be ok?

nimda78
07-10-2005, 03:02 PM
A little advise to help your trike look much better and this of course is just my opinion.

Take all the paint off the nuts and bolts and gas cap etc,etc etc. It just looks so gaudy like that and it's a sure bet some young kid did it. Maybe even you did it but really, that makes the trike look terrible.

In seconds with a bench wheel or a wire wheel on drill you can get it off the nuts and bolts or do you actually like that?

If you do like it, hey thats fine but some day you'll grow out of that and ask yourself "what on earth was I thinking? :rolleyes: :D

i did ask the kid that did it wtf he was thinking....LMAO

Tri-ZNate
07-10-2005, 04:07 PM
I think that thing looks cooler than ****! I like the red frame and axle along with the red on the engine. Between that and the yellow I think it gives it a great color scheme. Nice looking bike.

P.S. Destroy that seat cover. lol now that looks hidious.

Huffa
07-10-2005, 07:28 PM
I think that thing looks cooler than ****! I like the red frame and axle along with the red on the engine. Between that and the yellow I think it gives it a great color scheme. Nice looking bike.

P.S. Destroy that seat cover. lol now that looks hidious.

What red axle? All that I see is a red hub with of course the nut painted red and the valve stem painted silver. That kid went waaaaay overboard with the red.

Take the red off tha cables for a start and that will be a big improvement for sure.

Huffa
07-10-2005, 07:31 PM
i was thinking, the engine already has atleast one factory coat and at least one spraycan coat of paint on it as it sits...should i spray the engine with easy off oven cleaner to break up the walmart paint this guy had put on the cooling fins, or would a freash coat over whats there be ok?

Well as long as the paint on there seems to be holding up I'd say just leave it be. What you want to do is use case paint I think or some kind of satin. You don't want the engine too shiny. Thing is, on that model, you don't see the engine very much anyway.

Huffa
07-10-2005, 07:33 PM
i did ask the kid that did it wtf he was thinking....LMAO

Stupid kid :rolleyes: :D

nimda78
07-10-2005, 07:40 PM
even though the cable covers are abit over the top...they are keepin g the sun from damaging them..and thats always cool. i like the seat cover he had made for it..alittle wild, but a plain plack seat wouod look stock...and who likes stock machines?

nimda78
07-10-2005, 07:42 PM
lets see your 300.00 collection of trikes huffa ;)

edog
07-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Looks like a rainbow after a thunder storm.

slowneasy
11-09-2005, 07:17 PM
i think it looks cool!!!!

traxxasx
11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
i like it its somones origanal style. i wouldent change it.