PDA

View Full Version : made shock shackles for 84 200x

kasuki
07-09-2005, 05:46 PM
i made these at work the other day.they are made from alum than polished i made them on a cnc mill.with these on the trike sits alot higher 12.5 inch under the foot pegs. i set it so that it sits just a little bit higher in the rear then when you sit on it it levels out. seems to work great im not sure if any one has done this.i wanted to utilize the 200x rear shock instead of the 350x change over only because i could not afford the parts right now.i do want the 350x front end for my x .also i need a new front tire it has a 23.5 on it right now can i go bigger on the height or should i stay the same. i am running 20's in the rear on 9' inch reams. what do you think would be the best tire set up

toyota200x
07-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Wow that is some nice machining. Did you make a program for that or did you just use a vertical mill? Where do you work and what do you do? Great job.

jeswinehart
07-09-2005, 07:11 PM
i really like seeing the custom work of others. very nice.
tire size i won't comment but love the machine work.

john

kasuki
07-10-2005, 09:46 AM
hey thanks for the replys guy's i made them on a cnc but i did it in manual mode i can write programs but i did not for this job.ill post a completed pic of the trike in a little while. hey does any one also how to use the damping dial under the shock. which way does what lower number higher the number.

Muddy200x
07-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Very nice job :beer That has the makings for a sweet little kit to through on ebay.

kasuki
07-12-2005, 02:02 PM
muddy thanks for the compliment i like the mods you have done to your 200x the swap is great .really that's what got me thinking about the shackel type set up i am also thinking about circle milling the tripple tress ou to except 35mm forks but i have not got to it yet. here is a pic of the trike put back together i have to make some small mods on the next set just miner stuff just for clearance for the bolts .here are the pics