PDA

View Full Version : YTM front wheel bearing

wheelie king
07-09-2005, 03:42 PM
I need to replace the front wheel bearing on the YTM 200 E. Question is...How many parts are there, and has onyone ordered these wheel bearings from somewhere? What all comes with the kit?

Mine is so badly deteriorated, seals, bearings, etc., that I can hardly tell what is supposed to be there. It is terribly sloppy. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

freewheel3
07-09-2005, 04:49 PM
2 bearings,2 seals & 1 plastic dust cover. Got mine from Yamaha for about $40. You have to heat the hub to get the bearings out / in.

edog
07-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Don't heat the hub up.Use a wratchet extension and a hammer do drive it out from the hole inside the bearing hole.Go to www.denniskirk.com and get the better than stock Moose front bearing kit for the Tri Moto.They are $25 dollars,they are made of better materials than the stock ones.

nimda78
07-09-2005, 05:55 PM
mfgsupply.com

freewheel3
07-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Don't heat the hub up.Use a wratchet extension and a hammer do drive it out from the hole inside the bearing hole.Go to www.denniskirk.com and get the better than stock Moose front bearing kit for the Tri Moto.They are $25 dollars,they are made of better materials than the stock ones.
#1 The Yamaha factory service manual recommends to heat the hub.
#2 I have seen hubs crack when beating on a stubborn outer race.
#3 $40 Cdn. = approx. $30 US.
#4 If the factory ones lasted 20+ years, thats good enough for me.
#5 Who says they are made of better materials? The manufacturer of after market ones or your Yamaha dealer?

wheelie king
07-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Thaks for all the help, guys! Edog, do you have a link? I searched DK's Website and could not find it. I'd like to see it vs. the Yamaha OEM part.

edog
07-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Sorry,i don't have the link.