PDA

View Full Version : 250r no link swingarm!!!??

3leggeddog
07-08-2005, 05:52 PM
i seen a aftermarket swinger on ebay for 250r's,it was a no link swinger.trickest looking swinger i have ever seen.is this new or have they been around,i have never even heard of one.

x.system
07-08-2005, 07:51 PM
I've never used one but they've been around for a while now. Check out the ressies on these shocks. Thats the first time I've seen them that big on a quad shock.
I think Skippy had one of those no links not to long ago.

3leggeddog
07-08-2005, 07:55 PM
man suspinsion has come a long way.i'm currently working on some upgrades.a custom axis rear shock and some cr250 inverted forks.hopefully that will give me the travel i need to jump like i do.my stock stuff is not doing the trick.

skippy
07-08-2005, 10:14 PM
they have been around for at least a decade.. the problem is the intial cost involved,, buying the swingarm and the shock..alot of guys have been using them for the crf conversions and other mx quads.. what are your intentions? how much you planning on spending?

x.system
07-08-2005, 10:33 PM
You can send in your stock rear and it will be a huge inprovement. They can set it up to your weight and style of riding. I'm also doing the inverted fork setup. I'm using a pair of 93 cr125 forks and a friend is making me a tripple clamp to fit. I can get rear shocks done for about $60 to $80 depending on condition by a factory suzuki mechanic. His main job is suspension. Pep can also do your stock rear shock, I think they get about $150 or so to do a rebuild but they will also set it up to your specifications.

3leggeddog
07-09-2005, 09:34 AM
i want more travel as well as better performance.will a revalve help it to not bottom?i'm sure it will some but my theroy was more travel less bottoming.i don't want to spend 700 on a rear shock,but i don't want to bottom.if you see the pics. from tf,i was barely jumping the table top,and my bike is completly bottomed out.not only is hard on the bike,but hard on me.this is why i want to upgrade.

whats the cost on the custom triples you havin made?send me a pm with some info,i would like to get my suspinsion done in time to run a few fair races this year.thanks

x.system
07-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Your not going to get more travel out of a stock rebuilt rear shock. You would need a longer shock, or one of those no link kits. I don't think you would bottom out a stock rebuilt shock as long as you give the builder all the right info.

The tripples won't be done for at least a few months, my buddy is still drawing them up based off his crf250 tripples. He won't be able to make them until their shop slows down, probably sometime this winter. I have no idea what kind of price they will be, I just said if you can make them do it.