PDA

View Full Version : 200x spraying oil like crazy!

200xadam
07-08-2005, 02:12 PM
ok my 200x is spraying oil from the exhaust manifold like crazy, its covering the front of the frame and the front fender with oil. and its smoking like crazy from burning the oil. it smokes worse than prolly five two strokes in a closed building.

why would it be doing this?? i do not have an exhaust gasket but i wouldnt expect oil to be traveling like this...its so bad that my silencer is covered in oil, * could probobly stand behind it and get sprayed with oil.

i just replaced my valves, but it smoked ** that, i thought it was a bad exhaust valve causing the oil. my exhaust valve was bad when i pulled it but it didnt fix the problem... my motor is off a fresh rebuild but its been running long enough to seal the rings i would think...or it would atleast be using less oil than this...

ejc042
07-08-2005, 02:16 PM
When you replaced the valves did you put in new valve guide seals? If not, this could be your problem, had this happening on mine when I got it.

200xadam
07-08-2005, 02:22 PM
i didnt actualy replace them the shop did. but i had all new seals and everything put in

ejc042
07-08-2005, 02:25 PM
To have that much oil in there I would think it had to be either the rings or the valve guide seals. The seals may not have been seated all the way, I don't know how much you trust the shop, but it is possible. Other than those I don't know what to check.

200xadam
07-08-2005, 02:28 PM
i put a lot of trust in them. ive done all my buisness with them and a friend of mine worked there n told me they do all the work good. but i dont know what it could be. it did this before i had the valves changed. but when i swaped valves i also changed the head. so its not the same head as ** when it was smoking. and i didnt think that the rings would cause this much smoke...

bigredhead
07-08-2005, 02:53 PM
I would not run that thing until you figure out what the problem is..... something is definately WRONG !!!

How many hours on it since it came back from the shop ?

You don't have mixed gas in there by any chance ?

200xadam
07-08-2005, 03:55 PM
i was running 93+110 octane...if thats what * mean by mixed..im not running 2 stroke mix.. i dont even have an hour on it. i have maybe 15 to 20 minutes on it. but it has another 30 minutes on it from ** it had the new valves and it was smoking..

bigredhead
07-08-2005, 03:57 PM
you have a high compression piston in er eh ?... hmmmm was the timing chain replaced as well ?

don't need the high octane on the factory compression...

what do you have 12:1 ?"??

200xadam
07-08-2005, 11:29 PM
yea my mods are as in my sig. and yes i replaced my cam chain and sprocket and all the kickstarter gears.

83185s
07-09-2005, 01:17 AM
yea mine did that too...all my oil is coming from the cdi unit tho..and the case breather...but it smoked like a freight train and sprayed everywhere from the exhaust..it ran great untill i blew the head gasket..now there is no compression and it wont run more than 5 seconds from a 5th gear pull start behind a quad...it clanks alot to because i guess my timing chain is loose..hmm..never know

bigredhead
07-09-2005, 08:54 AM
it was shooting oil out the breather and leaking out the CDI cover .. and you say it ran great ??????

am i missing something here ?

ATC crazy
07-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Well, If you have less than an hour on it, and its this bad....Take it back to the shop. If they are truely a good shop, they will go back through the motor and see whats wrong with it. I would think there would be a 30 day warranty or something like that.

jenndnn3
07-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Adam,
Coming out of exhaust front is not good. Did it do it before after you put the head on? I know you had her running, before you put the new head on. I would definatly be taking the head off and or taking her into the shop. But if you had these issues before the new head, I know you also redid your cylender and piston. Are you sure you got those rings set right? LOL Good news tho, at least you know your oil is moving through the engine.

shudup
07-09-2005, 10:02 AM
that much oil sounds like the rings

200xadam
07-09-2005, 10:42 AM
well i am pertty sure the piston rings are in correctly. i had a mechanic help me put the piston in and he has done many an engine rebuild. but this has been smokeing like this since i got it together the first time...so it must be something other than valves because that was my first thought...

slothminx
07-10-2005, 12:57 PM
its doesnt matter how exsperienced someone is they will forget to do somthing at some point, i would take the engine back to the shop and ask them to have a good look at the guide seals and the rings possibly he forgot to put the guide seal back in?

will

200xadam
07-10-2005, 01:13 PM
ok i will take the trike in some time and see what they have to say..

83185s
07-10-2005, 02:35 PM
brhead..i meant it ran good before it started spraying oil everywhere...and almost everyones crank case breather tube shoots oil once in a while...i already took it apart and im going to try to fix my 185s instead because it isnt a manual and i dont need a manual right now...mostly woods riding...and muddin..so i dunno i guess ill see the ol' x later..lol

vartiak15
07-10-2005, 11:32 PM
if it is commin from under the cdi or w.e then it is the seal that goes around that cam arm.

leevarnado
03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
were u there when put the rings in,if so,how many rings were there.should have been 2 thick rings,2 thinner rings,1 funny looking ring =5 rings.sorry dont know the correct name for the rings.

rdlsz24
03-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Thread is 4 years old!!

Rob

leevarnado
03-25-2009, 11:47 PM
dam i should start looking at the dates,lol.o well.hope he got it running