PDA

View Full Version : 200x idling problem Help!

BLAZERONE22
02-07-2003, 06:07 PM
I,m having trouble getting my 200x to idle. I added a DG pipe and a uni-filter? Do I need to rejet and what is the stock jet, and should I go up or down. I did a plug check and it seems rich. I thougt it should be leaner if anything. My manual has not arrived yet and would like to take it out this weekend because its sunny and 60 degrees out can you believe it. I hear its snowing back east. anyway give me a hand please.

86350X
02-07-2003, 06:16 PM
It's snowing real good here in Ma. over a foot since this morning,,,,,,, You deffinantly should rejet go up a couple sizes on the main jet,,,,,, as far as idle, you need to adjust the fuel/air screw and idle screw to the right settigs,,, I don't know the specifics for your bike, but I am sure someone does

jenndnn3
02-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Dang Blazerone I am in the same boat......and the sun is out in oregon yippie.......but I cant get my dang 200x to idle either :rolleyes: Im itchin so bad to ride... did you oil your filter? Good luck

BLAZERONE22
02-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I oiled the filter, I'm a mastercylinder and getting my idle down away from being able to beat feet for the beach tommrow.

whiteman350x
02-07-2003, 08:24 PM
To answer your stock main jet q. According to Cylmer..Don't know your model so will give you all. 83-#110,84-85-#108,86-87-#122. Hope this helps.

BLAZERONE22
02-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Thanks, I got it to idle right when the choke is on, but dies when I kick it down, hmmm, what next, does the jets efffect idle? Its an 83 by the way.

jenndnn3
02-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Well all of them effect your idle one way or another......WE are at sea level so you wanna run according to that....Did you buy the trike here in Oregon? If so your main jet SHould be ok....Sounds lean tho..with the choke scenerio...Maybe One size up on your main? you will need to look at the size that is there now and go up one from there. Have you warmed it up for 10 mins then try to adjust it?? The long skinny needle that runs to your throttle down the center of the carb ( i cannot remember the name) has 5 notches on it. You should be at center. if You are you can adjust up or down a notch to lean or richen it up.....but crap I cannot remember right now which way. (someone?) IT sounds like you are very close......I give you the long skinny fix so you can ride it at a richer level....Do not run it too much on a leaner level, Bring spark plugs preferably ngk(ok thats a personal preference)

Last Have you checked for usual suspects airleaks and whatnots...around carb. I call these the easy checks...easy fix..

TimSr
02-08-2003, 01:01 PM
The pilot jet circuit runs totally independant of the main and needle. This is the ciruit that controls flow when you are not opening the throttle slide. Your main jet and needle are essentially plugged when the throttle is not opened, and have almost no effect on idle other than the bit the idle speed screw holds open the slide. Symptoms of a lean pilot are hard starting which is much worse in cold weather, but running fine other than at idle, and usally running fine with no symptoms once it reaches operating temp. These same symtoms will occur if a grain of sand or dirt plugs the pilot, which is a lot more common than the wrong pilot jet, especially if its just been apart.
Once the throttle opens, all fuel flows through the main jet. The needle restricts flow through the main, but wide open means no needle restriction and its controlled solely by the main. This is why the main must be setup properly BEFORE messing with needle settings which restrict flow through the main, from a little off idle until wide open. The Air Screw on the outside of the carb is to be adjusted for best throttle response coming off of idle when you blip the throttle.
Hope this helps.

BLAZERONE22
02-08-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm going to richen it up, Hopefully I can get out of here today and do some riding. thanks

BLAZERONE22
02-08-2003, 01:12 PM
thanks Tim I think you just nailed it for me. Cause I took it down the street and back and it ran fine to full throttle I just could no get it to idle. do i have to pull the carb to get to the pilot jet?

jenndnn3
02-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Lol I was gonna say listen to Tim He mucho smarter then me......

BLAZERONE22
02-08-2003, 01:21 PM
My 250r is a little easer to work on, I have a 200s but only things I do to that are clean the filter and change oil. I'm hoping as soon as the x is dialed, I'll have the same luck. Hey Jen where is Turner anyway? out by Mac?

TimSr
02-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Yep, gotta take the bowl off. The pilot jet is usually recessed in a hole, and taken out with a small screwdriver. When it comes out it looks like a little spaghetti strainer. Once you get it out, blow out the every orifice in both directions. If you dont have compressed air, carb cleaner with a spray tube works just fine.

BLAZERONE22
02-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Thanks again I'll post again if it works.

BLAZERONE22
02-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Okay I have it apart, the slow jet, are you suppose to blow though the jet, I have a 40 in there now I think its clogged,

jenndnn3
02-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Hey did you get it running?? I got my going yippie she idles great now....Dont ask it too embarrassing I made a huge mistake......Anyway Turner is just south of Salem on the other side of Enchanted Forest.

BLAZERONE22
02-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Okay, I remember going by there heading to Eugene, Yeah I got it going finally even got my mastercylinder fixed and bled. it was what TimSr said. it was plugged good. I could'nt even shove a very small needle through. Hit the honda dealer and bought a new one for five bucks and rejetted it too up to a 112 It idles figured I'd better give it a rest before I tick my neighbors off. I'll dial it in tommrow, yeha, Might even go up to Browns camp, where do you ride at, I'm working in Salem have anywhere close?