PDA

View Full Version : how to get atc racing engine going ???

erectordale
07-03-2005, 06:46 PM
I have a tc racing engine i need some info for and a new piston, this has the the dual plug set-up and tc cam lots of extreme porting. will any high compression piston work or any suggestions on the best to use . i want to keep this engine in great shape. what kind of special wiring if any do i need to hook up dual spark? I can work on anything but this 4 stroke high peformance stuff is new to me and I'm trying to do it correctly the first time

MTS
07-03-2005, 06:53 PM
i belive powroll makes a 13:1 piston for that......or wiseco would be a good choice too...

90nut
07-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Dale did you buy that kids 86 200x with the dual plug head and all the other wierd stuff on it? It does look cool if I am thinking of the correct one. As for a piston I guess you would need to take it to a machine shop and see what they say? Maybe you can use a stock piston with the correct oversize and have the machine it for that application. I don't know just throwing some ideas out there.

deathman53
07-03-2005, 09:05 PM
why not call tc and ask him. I remember that guy posting that he convinced tc to make a piston for his motor.

erectordale
07-03-2005, 10:28 PM
how can i get the phone# for tc racing

erectordale
07-03-2005, 10:29 PM
I would love for tc racing to go all through this motor so i know its ready to go

Hornetpowerspor
07-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Make sure you check your piston to valve clearance when you assemble it. You dont want anything closer than .050 of an inch piston to valve clearance on the IN and .080 on the exhaust. Make sure you have the correct valve springs, check your spring clearance when valve is completely open, and if you have a large camshaft, it wouldn't be a bad idea to degree it when you assemble it. You can call the cam manufacturer and get the specs for your particular cam if you know what it is. Hope that helps.

Derrick Adams
07-04-2005, 08:23 PM
how can i get the phone# for tc racing

Billy has it. Tom is a great guy, just be prepared to talk for awhile!