PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get these parts for my 250R?

Blown 331
07-02-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm looking to buy some new oem tank shrouds and fork boots for my 85 ATC250R. I thought it was mint when I got it until I saw some of the bikes on here! I'm thinking about giving it a resto. I'm gonna get the boots and shrouds from service honda for sure. I did a search on here and found the part number for the boots but no luck with the shrouds.
I also need to find a new model identification tag sticker, I think someone on here sells them. Also do the new tank shrouds come with the Honda stickers on them? I'm thinking I'll buy this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4559536806&category=43975&sspagename=WDVW And I'll need some tips for putting those on along with the number plates. Also looking for any other tips.

chris200x
07-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Ive' bought stickers off that seller before. The large 200x stickers on my rear fenders. I was very happy with them (good quality) that was until I got some of harlan's stickers...Top notch!

Blown 331
07-02-2005, 03:13 PM
How did you put those 200X stickers on? I'm worried about getting air bubbles under them or getting the crooked.

I also need the sticker that says 20:1 premix only. Maybe I'll just leave the frame alone and just restore the plastic.

staceyl200
07-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi I,ve seen oem fork boots on ebay today still in original packaging

CINCH
07-02-2005, 03:29 PM
for the tank shrouds, they're high as a kite though

http://www.calatv.com/main.html

Blown 331
07-02-2005, 03:41 PM
for the tank shrouds, they're high as a kite though

http://www.calatv.com/main.html

$42 a peice, hmm. Anyone have have that part number so I can check service Honda? I see they have the pro-link stickers too. I've been thinking about painting the swing arm grey or silver and using aluminum colored wheels and just emilinating all the gold. I think it would look better but I dont think I can do it.

Orangecnty250r
07-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Decals

Rapid Tac
Signwarehouse.com

Ive put plenty of decals on recently. I dont know how people do it without this stuff. Wipe the surface down with alcohol (not whiskey) dry it. Spray some of this on (mist the area) you put the decal on . This application fluid allows it to move to get correct placement and you slowly squeegee the bubbles out. I say slowly because the decal will move for a while because of the fluid. I checked it every so often for any bubbling. Hint ::I wrap my squeegee with a paper towel as to not scratch the decals. Also keep the paper towels handy to dap up the application fluid as it it squeeged out

chris200x
07-02-2005, 03:44 PM
How did you put those 200X stickers on? I'm worried about getting air bubbles under them or getting the crooked.

I also need the sticker that says 20:1 premix only. Maybe I'll just leave the frame alone and just restore the plastic.

1st thing I did was clean the area well with some alcohol on a clean rag. Peel the backing off the sticker and attach one end of the sticker to the fender. Working your way over to the other end slowly. making sure it's on straight and no bubbles Then I just smoothed it over with my finger. If you mess up you can always backtrack a little but I wouldn't take it all the way off again. I use a pin for any bubbles I may have missed. Best advise I can offer is take your time.

staceyl200
07-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi again found the fork boots they are @$16 with 2 days to go ebay item no 4558923109 (dont know how to do a link sorry)

Orangecnty250r
07-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Heres one result of my method

Blown 331
07-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Wow, I've seen pics of that Tecate before but wow, that looks amazing. I found that decal spray, I'm gonna try that.
I'm watching those fork boots as well. I can't remember who it was but someone on here uses daystar fork boots and I like the color more than the originals, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do there. I'm gonna start collecting parts now and see what happens this winter when I tear into it.

Fox250R
07-02-2005, 05:26 PM
I got the same kit and its awesome........

Dammit!
07-03-2005, 01:20 AM
I can't remember who it was but someone on here uses daystar fork boots and I like the color more than the originals, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do there.

That was probably me. Just remember to get the ones for 38mm forks or smaller. The others are for 41mm and larger and don't look right. You'll have to stretch the smaller ones out with something before installing them though. Otherwise they tend to grab the fork tube a bit.

Trike Dude
07-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey man

Here are the part numbers you are looking for

Right side: 19030-ha2-670za

Left side: 19035-ha2-670za

If I remember right they are $37.50 a piece from servicehonda

Hope this helps you out. I am in need of a set myself.

BTW, I been looking all around and so far servicehonda still has the best price for OEM fork boots that I have found.

MO350X
07-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey Blown331,
OEM Honda boots are the only way to go.
You won't regret the fit, the look and quality.
Simply amazing.
I just put some on earlier this year (thanks, Trike Dude! :beer ) and I couldn't be happier.
Service Honda is THE only way to go for the boots and plastic.

I attached a pic of my boots.
Don't mind the coloring of the boots....that's due to my digital camera's over-ambitious flash. :rolleyes:
Believe me....they're TRUE BLUE Honda. :)

Best of luck.
Hope to see you at St. Joe!

Hornetpowerspor
07-05-2005, 08:04 PM

X Systems has some great looking frame stickers for the 250R.

MO350X
07-05-2005, 08:45 PM
X Systems has some great looking frame stickers for the 250R.

I second that!
I have an envelope full of them from him.
He does excellent work and they even have the "feel" of Honda OEM, NOT just a vinyl copy.

I attached a picture of the decals I have from X system.
*NOTE: it appears some distortion occurred with the download of my pic...rest assured, his decals are CRISP and clear "in real life".*