PDA

View Full Version : Trike Addicts and there Garages!!!!

sandpuppi101
07-02-2005, 10:43 AM
I have seen lately that this forum has many new members and that is really good to see,I don't get as much time to get on here as I would like but I thought it would be neat to see some of the garages and or shops you guys use to build your awesome trikes in.Not only am I glad to see younger people getting into trikes but I am also glad to see that the old guy's like myself still are into them also.I can remember back in the 80's ,I would sit down on Tuesdays at 8:00pm to watch the A-Team on the tube just because I knew there would be a Honda ATC commercial on.Thats when I started my addiction,I am sure you young pup's Know the A-Team,LOL!Anyways I am slipping away from the subject,I once again thought that Garages and shops where these machines are restored,overhauled,& frankensteined back together would be a cool thing to see.Mine as you can see is packed up like sardines but when I get another machine,believe me I Will make some room!

bigredhead
07-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Very nice... like everyone on here.. the garage is NEVER big enough.

At one point i had 3 trikes. a snow blower, lawn mower, furnace, buddy's ride. a birt bike, table saw, and 2 sq feet of working space !

foster
07-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I only got a baby barn. :cry:
That makes it rough for space, with two mountain bikes, a lawnmower and assorted "wifey" crap in there too, like gardening stuff, lawnchairs, etc...
I don't even try to work in there like that anymore; I take all the other crap and dump it outside when I need to do trike work. Not ideal but it's better than working on the machine outdoors, particularly when it's raining or minus 30 outside!

Blown 331
07-02-2005, 11:11 AM
I wish I had pics of mine, it's pretty nice. 30 feet by 48 feet. My buddy has a bunch of his bikes over there but between the 2 of us we have 38 bikes in there plus my 2 Mustangs and still PLENTY of room to work!

bigredhead
07-02-2005, 11:11 AM
gotta love droping tiny parts in the lawn huh... that was my biggest gripe before i got a garage.

" Plink.. toc... CRAP "

Yamahauler
07-02-2005, 01:43 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7756/img04432jx.jpg
Heres my garage right now, its a real mess, shingling stuff, chairs and a bunch od junk everywhere. Im rebulding my YTM engine right now, and trying to fix the clutch on the Z.

Its going to get a good cleaning after I'm done my fixing, I can't stand clutter.

Rex Karz
07-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Inside:
http://www.rexkarz.com/ridepix/MVC-456F.JPG

Outside:
http://www.rexkarz.com/ridepix/MVC-454F.JPG

ScottZJ
07-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Well here is my line up out side and another one of them packed in the 3 car garage(but I have to leave plenty of room for the misses to park her car! doh!).

http://www.fototime.com/{D070D240-C632-4B87-A09A-AF9958BAF449}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{850DF415-8E7C-4204-BEA6-C1050309D285}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{60374A70-5549-4AB3-9F3B-27AC85BF242A}/picture.JPG

threewheelin-feelin
07-02-2005, 03:44 PM
here my shed...i want a garage so bad :cry:

Orangecnty250r
07-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Heres where some of the Trike Addict Magic happens.

I have one shelf organized with parts to go back on the restores (NOS stuff and things to be refinished)

One more shelf for the ebay parts (things Ive replaced with better parts) things to be listed and boxed up items that sold waiting for payment

Tool cart

and of course the 3 wheelers

I have a 40 X 40 outbuilding that will be converted in to a full workshop within the next 18 months

Yamahauler
07-02-2005, 04:19 PM

I have one shelf organized with parts to go back on the restores (NOS stuff and things to be refinished)

One more shelf for the ebay parts (things Ive replaced with better parts) things to be listed and boxed up items that sold waiting for payment

Tool cart

I have a 40 X 40 outbuilding that will be converted in to a full workshop within the next 18 months
I'll trade you garages

Maine_Triker
07-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Here are a couple pics of the messy garage. In the winter we use the sheds and the other part of the garage to store the trikes, and this part is used for cars.

OldManDM
07-02-2005, 06:31 PM
you people make me sick with your so called "messy" garages.....LOL....i`d be too embarassed to post pics of MINE!!!!! especially since my Honda Accord that i show locally takes up most of mine anyway...... hahahahaha :D

bigredhead
07-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Phewwwww..... i agree with oldmandm.... i almost puked with envy at a few of those pictures..

What do you guys all do for a living ???? cuz i need to change jobs !

chris200x
07-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Phewwwww..... i agree with oldmandm.... i almost puked with envy at a few of those pictures..

What do you guys all do for a living ???? cuz i need to change jobs !

lol. as my ride sits in the yard covered with a tarp! :Bounce

Orangeco man that thing looks more like a museum than a garage! NICE!!! :w00t:

Billy Golightly
07-02-2005, 10:56 PM
I've got more stuff in mine then anyone here I'm pretty sure (Howdy has me maybe beat) but I KNOW its the dirtiest!

Howdy
07-03-2005, 08:03 AM
I've got more stuff in mine then anyone here I'm pretty sure (Howdy has me maybe beat) but I KNOW its the dirtiest!
I am sure my shop is the worst right now, but I am working on getting it organized. The bad thing is, with all the projects going on this summer, and the constant buying of more machines and parts. I can't seem to make any head way.

Howdy

foster
07-16-2005, 05:35 PM
I win the prize for Most Cramped Garage!

That last photo is of my son, it gives you a shot of the outside of the shed so you can judge for yourself how much room to roam I have.

(You can also see my 'toyhauler' off to the right.

threewheelin-feelin
07-16-2005, 06:24 PM
i dont know foster i think my out house has you beat lmao

LaDano
07-16-2005, 06:29 PM
My wife finally gave me the go ahead to build my shop, 20x30. I should be starting on it next month. Until then I have a 12x12 shed full and my 1 car garage is full. She wants to park her car in it before winter. I've got to get a dig camera.

Pistonhead
07-16-2005, 09:05 PM
I'd like to see what some of ya'll would do with my 40'x80' garage. I've only got 2 trikes in there but theres also several antique wagons and cutters, 3 old antique stoves (antique as in 1872!) 2 of which are restored, some walking cultivators, 2 cars, my truck, my pinup girls collection, and my mezanine and workbench (I finally cleaned up my shop in early november last year). As you can see I rebuild my motors in my basement.

Pistonhead
07-16-2005, 09:08 PM
You can't see my workbench in those pics but it is under the meznine for most of the length of that one wall. There are also 5 tractors outside of the shop.

Orangecnty250r
07-16-2005, 09:17 PM
I'd like to see what some of ya'll would do with my 40'x80' garage. .

I know exactly what I would do with all that space :naughty: . That is some amazing space. Mega potential!!! What do the stairs and walkway lead to??

twgranger
07-16-2005, 09:35 PM

Tool cart

I have a 40 X 40 outbuilding that will be converted in to a full workshop within the next 18 monthsYou have any close up pics of your black Z? Is she mint like the rest of the crew? When you going to restore a yellow one?

Orangecnty250r
07-16-2005, 09:56 PM
You have any close up pics of your black Z? Is she mint like the rest of the crew? When you going to restore a yellow one?

Ive been riding the black one and having a blast. The black shrouds and air filter cover are near mint so ive been worried about screwing them up. Its sweet but not like the restores. Its a very tight and sound mechanically and a great looking bike (One of the nicer black ones Ive seen). To be like the others it needs the major parts powder coated to really clean them up. A yellow Z restore may be down the road. I have a bunch of NOS stuff for the triZ ' s chain guards, rollers, handle bars, grips, plastics, and on off switches so it would make sense to put them on something at some point. Ive seen some really nice yellow ones go for very fair prices this year!!

42F67N
07-16-2005, 10:13 PM
not a great pic and dosent show all my toys
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/42F67N/garagepics014.jpg

Pistonhead
07-16-2005, 10:33 PM
I know exactly what I would do with all that space :naughty: . That is some amazing space. Mega potential!!! What do the stairs and walkway lead to??
There are 2 sets of stairs, the one in the picture goes up on top of the office in the shop where there is sort of a loungeing area and some more storage, from the top of the office the mezanine up top is an excellent storage place for things that need to be out of the way (engines, fenders, wood storage etc.). This makes a whole lot more room on the shop floor for cars and things. The other set of stairs just goes from the mezanine down to the shop floor on the other side of the shop. I'd eventually like to put a vehicle hoist in there but that will have to wait for a little while until I finish cleaning and equipping my workbench and welding tables right next to the one set of stairs I have a 220V outlet for my welders.

foster
07-16-2005, 10:46 PM
i dont know foster i think my out house has you beat lmao
LOL, I'm sure you're right! :p
I just haul most of that crap outside when it's time to work, then pile it all back in afterwards.
It's less trouble than working around the lawnmower, lawnchairs, etc....
On the plus side, when it's minus 30 in winter, it ain't too hard to heat!

faf_racing
07-17-2005, 04:42 AM
Well here is my line up out side and another one of them packed in the 3 car garage(but I have to leave plenty of room for the misses to park her car! doh!).

http://www.fototime.com/{D070D240-C632-4B87-A09A-AF9958BAF449}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{850DF415-8E7C-4204-BEA6-C1050309D285}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{60374A70-5549-4AB3-9F3B-27AC85BF242A}/picture.JPG
All them trikes OUTSIDE?? and garage too???? didi I see that right? WELL never mind I see what I missed. but hey thats some collection and I envy you!! WOW!!

sandpuppi101
07-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Pistonhead you got it going on ,that sure is a nice setup,you are on afarm or something I hope,And you have a lounge,Does it have a Bar too? If I had that setup I would have lines of ATC's. All of you have very impressive collections,and too think before I hooked up on this site I thought that I was the only one that liked trikes.Totally cool!!!

trikes4life
07-17-2005, 10:30 AM
I wish one day i will have collections like that . Them are holly hell sweet.

250rAL
07-17-2005, 11:10 AM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7756/img04432jx.jpg
Heres my garage right now, its a real mess, shingling stuff, chairs and a bunch od junk everywhere. Im rebulding my YTM engine right now, and trying to fix the clutch on the Z.

Its going to get a good cleaning after I'm done my fixing, I can't stand clutter.

LOL, looks like a trike murder scene with trike "blood" all over the floor!

Pistonhead
07-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Pistonhead you got it going on ,that sure is a nice setup,you are on afarm or something I hope,And you have a lounge,Does it have a Bar too? If I had that setup I would have lines of ATC's. All of you have very impressive collections,and too think before I hooked up on this site I thought that I was the only one that liked trikes.Totally cool!!!

Yep its on my farm, I ain't got a bar in the lounge area (yet :D ) As soon as I finish my Nash and my truck I'm planning on starting to fill it up with trikes! I'm also thinking of putting a good stereo in the shop like in westcoast choppers so I have better tunes when I'm wrenching.

hotroddal
07-17-2005, 09:40 PM
i have by far the messiest garages of all of any of you guy's so far, i will get pictures of both my garages,yep i have 2 garages, 1 is a 2 stall garage and the other is a 4 stall garage.

Rednek200xRider
07-17-2005, 11:16 PM
if yall was to see my garage you would laugh because there aint even a path to walk through to get into the barn. we have to crawl across everything.

Yamahauler
07-18-2005, 03:50 AM
LOL, looks like a trike murder scene with trike "blood" all over the floor!
Haha, yea it really does. My mom isn't too happy that all my bikes are torn apart and she cant get her car in the garage.
But as soon as I finish rebuilding the motor on the YTM, I'm going to clean it up really good. I just need the rest of my parts, they've been on backorder forever!

ATC crazy
07-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Here is our garage just after it was built: It measures 20x34 inside. I kept the trike in the garage directly behind this one (you can just see the front of it near the top left of the main garage) We also have 2 more storage sheds behind the house.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/ATC-Crazy/Garage.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/ATC-Crazy/House-back.jpg

jmack3986
07-18-2005, 11:53 AM
well i dont have to big a collection but you guys win i just have 2 trikes. wait untill i get out of college he. i might be picking up another r and a 250es for the fun of it. then there will be 4

Honda Lover
07-19-2005, 12:48 AM
I envy you guys, those are some sweet pics of your garages. All i have is one trike an 84 200s and it barely runs and sits in my barn.(The garage is full of moms junk) I love three wheelers and would love to get a 350x and learn a little bit more about how to modify and fix things on them.

Jason Hall
07-26-2005, 07:39 AM
I need a bigger barn, I just can't make myself sell anything. I hope to someday have one of everything. :lol: :beer :crazy:

Billy Golightly
07-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Heres ours...and its slam freakin packed too.

Southbend lathe with an 8ft bed
Old school J type Bridgeport milling machine
Electric sheet metal shear
Horizontal band saw
(2) 220v air compressors
(2) bench grinders
(2) Drill presses
One non operating hydraulic press
Parts washer
One Miller Dialarc TIG
One Lincoln Buzz box arc welder
Numerous tables/benches/desks with **** piled up on them

Its a freakin disaster. Need to build some doors for the front of it, and then we need to push EVERYTHING outside in a pile and burry 9/10ths of it in the ground.

Jason Hall
07-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Well billy I can help make some room, send me the lathe & bridgeport. Can the non operating press be fixed? The shipping would'nt cost that much to send to michigan. :lol:

Billy Golightly
07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
The press needs a pump. My dad has been wanting to get one of the nice 10k PSI electric operated ones with a built in 3way valve from OTC but they are like $3500 and we can't seem to save that much up at one time to buy it :lol: Probably end up getting one of the cheaper lower pressure air assisted ones.

markdb420
07-27-2005, 04:11 PM
This is the inside and outside of my meager garage. I usually keep my 85 and 86 250r side by side with the 450R behind them. On the other side I keep the 200s and the Rancher AT. I no longer have the Red Bayou or the yellow 400ex.

hotroddal
11-08-2005, 09:03 AM
here are my garages.

350Xhilaration
11-08-2005, 08:58 PM
pic of the current garage, winter storage in the shed, and future garage. We needed an extra bay for the popup, sled, and 4 atvs. I'm sure it still won't be big enough.:mad:

bluevette87
11-09-2005, 08:18 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/bluevette87/Image011.jpg
here is my messy,crappy little one car garage:)