PDA

View Full Version : My 84 250r done

bebeav
07-01-2005, 11:07 PM
here are the pics of my finaly built R. i've just finished re-working on the tranny but still got some probs.

i used a PJ 34mm 155 main jet, DG full exhaust and no filter for starting test.

first problem the engine won't rev. past 2000rpm approx.

second one is the tranny :
- the shifter shaft is really hard and doesn't come back alone.
- when i shift my 3rd gear it's it won't grip on the gear (bent fork maybe)

and cause it won't rev i didn't want to past the 3rd gear.

what i don't undestand is when i put both crankcase together the shift drum would do all the job to past from 1 to 5 and come back down with no big resistance on problem.

btw it's my first real trike complete tear down and rebuild so i think i may have done some mistakes.

ALP
Beav

hrc85250r
07-01-2005, 11:35 PM
ok, if you used a different drain bolt for the tranny, it might hit the shift shaft, that happened to my 85R, and as far as its not revving, there might be something wrong in the tranny that is also contributing to the shift shaft stiffness...it might be tight against the pto of the crank and binding everything up, i would investigate the shifting problem asap and not ride it until you do, you might end up exploding the tranny, ride it as little as possible until the motor is mechanically problem free and you will save alot of trouble, just ask trizracer....he cut it close...

350Xccelerator
07-02-2005, 12:40 AM
why is the rear fender like that? on both sides its like theyre really old or melting lol.

bebeav
07-02-2005, 09:22 AM
don't know why the fender do this but that does really matter until the engine and tranny work good. :).

hrc85250r : if the tranny is tight at the pto of the crank, will the crank be able to turn free or it will be tight or what should cause the tranny to be so tight.

oh and it also seems that the R is like a pain in the ass to kick with a stock compression head, so i really think i look like something wrong in the tranny.

just like that does the primary transmission shaft got some fore and back play? (i mean took the engine in front of you and take the shaft and try to push it on the crankcase and pull it back to see if i got slack, cause my got one like if a spacer or washer was missing.

ALP
Beav

Blown 331
07-02-2005, 09:27 AM
My buddy's 84 R did the same thing as far as not reving. It started and idled great but as soon as you would rev it, it sounded like it was hitting a rev limiter. He had a bad CDI. If you have another I'd say sway it out. We used one off a 1985 200S, it was the same and ran great after that.

Mike_Ham_250R
07-02-2005, 09:27 AM
That would look sweet w/ some old school blue duros. Nice bike, hope you get all your problems solved.