PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on my 200x setup

chris200x
06-29-2005, 11:30 PM
OK I got this thing on the verge of finally running and would like some opinions on the setup. As of right now I'm running a 12 tooth front sprocket (I really don't know what stock size is) A 40 tooth rear sprocket. I also have 20" holeshots that are 2 inches smaller than stock on. I'm adding a DG chrome exhaust next week. I'm really not concerned with top speed but like some good acceleration. Anything else I can do or do diffrently. Opinions wanted.... I really don't know much about this sort of stuff. Oh I have a uni airfilter in there also.

Dammit!
06-29-2005, 11:39 PM
12/40 is stock. I used to run 14/37 with 18 inch wheels on mine back in the day and it worked excellent with a few mods. 13/38 would probably have a similar effect since you're running 20's.

Oldshell4481
06-29-2005, 11:50 PM
id also like to hear some opinions on that, im also getting the DG krome power exhaust, but im running stock size tires on the rear, getting a k&n, rebuilt motor .010 over, dont know what piston yet, i also like the acceleration deal there...

chris200x
06-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Hmmm,,,, The dude at the local shop said that 12 was one up from stock....mind you this is the same place that screwed my motor up the first time. I was told that the 20" would help with acceleration.

OK then does anyone use the uni filtered vents at all the ones you cut and install into the air box lid? How would these help if any? the riding conditions are to wet and dirty to run with out the airbox lid.

Also like with oldshell I would like some opinions if anyone is running one of these DG's if they like them or not.

bassman
06-30-2005, 07:44 PM
12 is stock. That dude was wrong.

200xadam
06-30-2005, 09:26 PM
the airbox vents do help, not enought to change jetting...but * can almost feel it lol...its depends on where * place them..try and put them in the front of the airbox so that air is kind of pushed into them.

yes 12 teeth in the front is stock..i recomend you change the gearing drasticly...my 200x (has many more mods than urs) has to be started in 3rd gear because it will flip over if i touch the throttle in the first 2 gears, and i use a 13 tooth front sprocket.

the rest sounds good, maybe move down to a set of 18'' tires if * want more acceleration, but the 20's sound like they will do * good if ** rideing in mucky wet conditions..

chris200x
06-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the advise. You can't really feel a diffrence then with those vents. if I put the vents in front of the airbox wouldn't that allow water in much easier?

Ya, im gonna stick wit the 20's right now cause any less I would do too much damage with all the rocks around here.

chris200x
07-03-2005, 05:19 AM
all right then, can someone explain jetting for me. I'm rebuilding the carb now and I'm running a uni filter and I'll be getting a dg exhuast. i think I will hold off on those vents for right now. Does anything have to be done to the carb for this setup.