PDA

View Full Version : Pretty to look at, nice to hold.....

RichinMO
06-28-2005, 07:05 PM
....put it on and consider it BROKE.

I had put my 350X Hondaline grille on and it was looking good, but after 20 minutes into a hard ride all I have left is the center bar. The top and bottom ones snapped off at the corners from the vibration. Now I KNOW why the later 350X guards had the grilles welded one with the vertical stabilizer added. If you're gonna run one, make something to dampen the vibration...word to the wise! :rolleyes:

bigredhead
06-28-2005, 07:15 PM
some heavy rubber gromets might have helped.

That had to be some serious riding man.... wow,, no wipeouts? and it came apart ?

Maine_Triker
06-28-2005, 08:00 PM
OHHH ****!!!!!!!! I hope you didn't have to give to much for it, was it NOS? Are you planning a funeral for the fallen HL grill? How does the guard feel after the loss of a loved one?

chris200x
06-28-2005, 10:06 PM
OHHH ****!!!!!!!! I hope you didn't have to give to much for it, was it NOS? Are you planning a funeral for the fallen HL grill? How does the guard feel after the loss of a loved one?

LOl... You need some serious help my friend. :rolleyes:

RichinMO
06-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Yeppers, it was NOS and nope, no wipeouts involved. I just looked down and the one end I could see was flopping in the breeze. I look closer and the bottom one was same condition. I guess someone with some real skill could weld it back togther, but surprisingly, the metal is really cheap pot metal looking crap. I don't think it could be saved. At least the middle one is holding tight. I'm assuming the guard didn't like the grille cause it gave it the boot.

hrc85250r
06-28-2005, 10:17 PM
duh, all factory metal fab is crappy and cheap, unless it is made of aluminum or part of the motor.....just look at the frame welds, or swingarm welds....ask deathman, hes already broke his frame multiple times on his R, and its an R!!! plus the metal factories use isnt top notch, its just high carbon steel...and it really does look like a monkey with a "tick" welds the chassis components....