PDA

View Full Version : Went on a very nice ride yesterday (Pics)

Maine_Triker
06-28-2005, 11:25 AM
That was one heck of a nice ride!!!

We left from our house and went to Frenchville (small town with very nice trails :naughty: ) and from there we made a long loop and came back to the house. The trip was about 55 miles in lenth.

Here a some pics, the first two are of me going down a hill, (didn't get any of me coming up unfortunitly)

The third pic is of a nice clubhouse that is in Frenchville. The 4th one is some nice scenery from that clubhouse.

I didn't get any pics of the X when she was dirty (it was pretty dirty though lol) but here is a pic after I cleaned her. (please ignore the quad :rolleyes: )

Phil

petesatc
06-28-2005, 11:55 AM
cool photo's phil......how fast did you go???

Maine_Triker
06-28-2005, 12:55 PM
cool photo's phil......how fast did you go???
About 45 on the roads and nice trails. Went slower on the rougher partsd of course. That's what I like about those trails, ther is alot of variety.

Lomax
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Looks like you had more fun on Monday than I did.... Nice scenery (sp?) and trike shots

AZ250R
06-28-2005, 03:37 PM
(please ignore the quad :rolleyes: )
Naah, its nice to have a good "chase vehicle" / picture taker / tractor / ...! :p

Kintore
06-28-2005, 04:51 PM
lol AZ250R, nice trails and such to ride on up there. We have some stuff like that, but nothing like what you have. Some trails but are all ripped up by ut quads, so no one can get through. Nice pics.

Maine_Triker
06-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Yup, the trails are very nice out there. The trails by my house suck though, they never take care of them. The club out in Frenchville actually has a groomer!!!! Bring up your Z some time and we'll go riding :naughty:

AZ250R: Lmao :D

Kintore
06-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Yup, the trails are very nice out there. The trails by my house suck though, they never take care of them. The club out in Frenchville actually has a groomer!!!! Bring up your Z some time and we'll go riding :naughty:

According to mapquest its only a 13 hour, 39 minute drive lol. Maybe some other time. Any more pics?
A groomer! I want to see a picture of that thing.

Maine_Triker
06-28-2005, 07:57 PM
I will try to get a pic of the groomer, if I ever come across it. I will probably post in the riding forum a bunch of pics of all the trails around here later this summer.

Oldshell4481
06-28-2005, 10:04 PM
lol well if you get a bunch of trikers together might as well get ahold of me, only a 4 hour or so drive for me :D finally getting the 200x rebuilt this week.

Maine_Triker
06-29-2005, 09:30 AM
lol well if you get a bunch of trikers together might as well get ahold of me, only a 4 hour or so drive for me :D finally getting the 200x rebuilt this week.

You are always welcome to come up here and ride, just as long as you bring some lobsters. :D lol

Oldshell4481
06-29-2005, 10:53 AM
most definatley, if i ever do come up ill bring up a feast, they aint hard to come by down here and they are free for me :D

Huffa
06-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Nice pic's MT. How much gas did you have left after 55 miles?

Your house, it looks like there is nothing around you, is that so?

Lets see a few pic's of your veiw from the house.

Looks like a nice place to live but you must have some rough winters.

I also noticed (since I'm an oil delivery guy) 2 vent pipes or rather a vent and a fill pipe on the side of your house. Is that so and if so how much you paying for a gallon of the gold?

LilEngThatCould
06-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Man me and my cousin go on a ride like that about once every other week.We have good trails too,we have aloooooooooooooooooooot of country here in Tallulah,Louisiana and the law dont ever come out there where we ride so we just get on the roads and ride to vicksburg,we stay on the back country roads but they are mostly straight with very few potholes.Last week we took my cousins new yamaha yfz on the interstate and I was on his old raptor and we were passing up cars,it was funny,lol.

DeePa
06-29-2005, 12:08 PM
i wonder how long of a ride from RI it would be to meet up? Whats your zip so i can look it up?

Thanks,
Mike

edit...jesus christ, youre bascially in canada and it would take at least 8 hours to drive there....wow...maybe someday

Maine_Triker
06-29-2005, 02:36 PM
LOL DeePa, in that scenery pic in the first post, you can see Canada! :eek:

We live just outside of Fort Kent. Population of FK is about 5000, population of our little "town" is about 300.

The winters are pretty rough, even rougher up here on the hill (wind). I remember one time when the road was literally blocked with 6+ feet of blown snow. :eek:

Yeah those are vent & fill pipes. I lost track of the oil price along time ago LOL, gas I think is like $2.20 for regular. :rolleyes:

Here are a couple pics of scernery around the house. :cool:

Maine_Triker
06-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Well, I checked the 350x tank, and there was about 1/3 a tank left. Not bad eh?

jeswinehart
06-29-2005, 08:54 PM
you can keep posting pics of the country up there from time to time ,,, reminds me of blazers pics out on the west coast ,,, just nice as can be.

flat as a pancake around here ,,, john

Huffa
06-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Nice country for sure. Maybe some day I can make it up there if I'm in the mood for a "short" trip. :D

edog
06-30-2005, 10:30 AM
The trails here in NH are excelent.Went to to the Succses trail in Berlin NH.The trail was 30 miles long.Nice 350 X

LilEngThatCould
06-30-2005, 12:36 PM
I think the best riding I have ever done(mudding/riding) was at the marengo swamp ride they have here in Start,Louisiana.Its only about an hour and a half from here and they expect over 9000 atvs/atcs there every year.They only have it once a year though but they have this mud hole called the suicide hole,smallest trike to ever make it across was a 185 and the only reason it made it across is because it floated.I plan on takin the little engine that could through her next year.Plus if you dont want to go through any serious mud they have some pretty good lookin mud holes that are dang near impossible to get stuck in.Or you can just ride on the roads there in start.Cops dont say nothing because of the mud ride thats going on.Its awesome.People from all over the place come down here for that one day just for the marengo.The actual mud ride trail is 18 or 19 miles long,and then back,lol.Its funny watching people go on,a couple hours later you see them pushing out or getting pulled out.I almost got in it with this guy with that new polaris 700,he said he had it 3 days and if you would have seen it smoking and the noises it was making you wouldnt be able to resist saying what I said............THATS A POLARIS FOR YA.....and then busted out laughin.

350x'inNY
06-30-2005, 03:05 PM
According to mapquest its only a 13 hour, 39 minute drive lol. Maybe some other time. Any more pics?
A groomer! I want to see a picture of that thing.

Kintore.... when you heading to the US to ride? I'm ususally here.... else I do plan on doing some riding in MI/OH sometime before I have to "edumakate dem stewdents" again

Maine-Triker..... nice riding and 350X too!

Maine_Triker
06-30-2005, 04:53 PM
I almost got in it with this guy with that new polaris 700,he said he had it 3 days and if you would have seen it smoking and the noises it was making you wouldnt be able to resist saying what I said............THATS A POLARIS FOR YA.....and then busted out laughin.

LOL man, I know of a good mud hole in the back woods, very difficult to get to, but it's really pretty out there, and muddy too. :D

Orangecnty250r
06-30-2005, 11:00 PM
I checked out at about 11 hours on mapquest (definelty a ride) It just made my blood warm when I saw the sign on the side of the store and read there is a trail groomer. Makes me want to load up my 85 R and ride with you also.

Maine_Triker
07-01-2005, 08:44 AM
I checked out at about 11 hours on mapquest (definelty a ride) It just made my blood warm when I saw the sign on the side of the store and read there is a trail groomer. Makes me want to load up my 85 R and ride with you also.

Might as well bring your restored Tecate too (not to ride but just to look at) :beer :D

I think most of you guys couldn't even begin to comprehend all of the riding spots we have up here. We've been riding for about 4 years, and riding about 1000 miles each year, and still have'nt covered all the trails/loging roads.