PDA

View Full Version : Tri-moto ramp pics

400ccHomemade
06-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Here's 2 quick not-so-good pictures. The first one is me on the ramp I recently built. It's 6 feet wide, 8 feet long, and 18 inches tall. My distance record so far is 15 feet. I mark the landing with a small piece of plywood. If I clear the wood, I move it back. And so far, it's at 15 feet. You can see it in the pic. The second picture is my girlfriend on the same trike, different ramp. She hits it much slower as you can see! She's doing much better though. That one is a natural dirt step-up.

Maine_Triker
06-27-2005, 08:55 PM
That looks like fun, must be sore after a while though on that tri-moto.

Yamahauler
06-28-2005, 01:37 AM
your crazy man. That looks like it would hurt. I wonder how much air I could get jumping the Z off that.

400ccHomemade
06-28-2005, 05:44 AM
You would probably get much more air than me in that picture. I don't have much room to get much speed. Basically I hit it FULL BORE in 3rd AS FAST AS I CAN, and thats all I can muster. With a faster trike you could hit it twice as fast. For awhile I was going farther and farther, higher and higher. But I am maxed out now with a faster trike, or a longer run-up area.

400ccHomemade
07-02-2005, 03:15 PM
New record: 18 feet. Verified with girlfriend with tape measure. One problem has surfaced though. The footpegs are starting to sag. I better beef them up. Thats what it's all about, go big until a weak point surfaces, beef that up, repeat.