PDA

View Full Version : Some videos from Saltsdale drag races

Billy Golightly
06-26-2005, 10:05 PM
These are from yesterday. Had a great time down there with the 500R. atczack went with me and I'm pretty sure hes got the bug and wants a drag trike now too :cool: He did most of the camera work. 500R ran good, but it has developed a few leaks in the gaskets though. So the topend is probably gonna have to come off. Wanted to race it next month when they have them, maybe I'll have enough time to get the stuff done on it. Some really fast stuff there. I'm just glad I didn't get stuck in the open class, I woulda got my ass handed to me :eek: Bunch of alcohol banshees with aluminum axles and billet wheels and 500cc powervalve engines, over ride trannies, all that good stuff ($$$$$). Anyways heres some links. More as I get them uploaded.

Ronnie and I drew 1, and 2 respectively so we had to run against each other for the first race which kind of sucked. I got caught off guard at the tree and was not on the pipe when I started, but barely caught him before the last cone.

www.3wheelerworldforums.com/remote/Ronnie&Billysmall.wmv

Pulled a wheelie about 1/2 the way down the track in this next one while racing a shee. Came out of the hole a little too agreesive and got sideways while the shee was wheelie'ing. I slid to the back a little bit and got the front end a little bit light and then shifted into the next gear and held it up a couple inchs off the ground to the last cone. That was a fun a run heh.

www.3wheelerworldforums.com/remote/Billysmall.wmv

jeswinehart
06-26-2005, 10:18 PM
the fella's in the stands looked like they enjoyed seeing you guys run.

any other trikes there ? good riding guys !
it don't look like you have much shut down time there at the end of the strip to me.

john

Billy Golightly
06-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Nope just me and Ronnie for trikes. Met another guy though, Darryl that has a CR500 conversion like mine. Said he's gonna try and bring it next month. I told him about the site and stuff, maybe he'll check it out. The shutdown area is real small. The track is actually only about 250ft. I'm on my front brakes HARD to get stopped in time before running off in the bushes. The real fast banshee guys were letting off about half way down the track so that they would have enough shutdown room. They are suppose to be clearing it out and extending the track, and making the shutdown area longer too. That'll be better for me because my 500R really pulls once it gets going. Bad on the starts but it hauls once its moving.

Heres another video: www.3wheelerworldforums.com/remote/Billy&Cutsmall.wmv

atcmatt
06-27-2005, 04:03 AM
Truley Nuts Mate. Love that 500r, you pretty much owned everyone. How long is that strip by the way?

Matt

r00sty
06-27-2005, 06:30 AM
Saweeeet Billy, glad to see the 5 hunnie still holding it's own, I've got great TF05 footage of you trying to fight me off, lol :beer

Billy Golightly
06-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Strip is about 250ft, although they are suppose to be extending it out a little bit longer. Heres another one of Ronnie:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/remote/Ronniesmall.wmv

And here is some really, really, really, really, really, really, fast banshee's that I will never be able to touch in speed.

www.3wheelerworldforums.com/remote/Whoafastsmall.wmv

Hey r00sty, your gonna send that in for the Trikefest CD right? Can't wait to see it.

ATCWRENCH
06-27-2005, 12:30 PM
I cant get the fast bikes vid to work man

Billy Golightly
06-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Sorry, it works now.

ATCWRENCH
06-27-2005, 12:53 PM
well you probably would have got them outta the hole then they would have waved as they passed ya

LonesomeTriZ
06-27-2005, 02:08 PM
I wished I could have been there. I'm looking forward to lining up with my straight liner.

Rex Karz
06-27-2005, 04:25 PM
My 185 smokes everything for about 50 feet. Haven't been beat yet. In 50 feet. LOL LOL

AZ250R
06-27-2005, 04:31 PM
As the "nerroration" from your second vid link says:
"Alright, Ha Ha, HELL YEAH"!!! :beer

Yamahondaman
06-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Hey Billy !!! We'll Get You "out ta Hole" !!!! Them Vid's are COOL !!!

Kintore
06-27-2005, 04:51 PM
sweet videos Billy, really cool to see the 500 dragging again. In person, that thing is loud! very fast, glad you placed good. Dont ever get rid of that thing.

BIGCRIP28
06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
nice billy. :D
I went find a broadband connection so I could get em.

TRI Z Racer
06-28-2005, 07:00 AM
dang!!!! thems sum fast three-wheelers. those vids are sweet

RideRed250R
06-28-2005, 11:59 PM
honestly, i need to bring the vidoe camera to the glamis store drags, hahaha those shee's would have been eatin alive, i hope one day you guys can make a west coast trip and bring the 500's and yamahondaman can bring his tri-z cause you guys need to see the bikes out here
adam

Meat-BoX
06-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Sweet videos. A Glamis Video would rule if it had some sick Trikes. As for Billy rippin up that track, that was just pure joy watching you smoke machines that are allmost 20 years newer. I noticed the Quads were throwing alot of Roost. Are your tires similar to the quads because you were hooking up pretty sweet. I would love to see more videos of trikes doing their thing. We need that to show that us Three Wheelers can run with the Big Boys on Quads, and that we are here to Stay. :beer

Billy Golightly
06-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Most of the quads were running sand paddles. A few had nice new full tread pro-wedges. Mine are worn down quite a bit but I got a killer deal on them. I'm also not holding it wide open and dumping the clutch like they are, because it just will spin un-controllably then. I'm kinda "rolling" onto it which is why I was off the pipe on accident in the race with Ronnie.