PDA

View Full Version : Bang

ross932c
06-24-2005, 10:24 PM
I think she is blown. I was driving my new (used) 200es, some of you have seen it. I was touring around the backroads like always and I opened right out, and wasflying down the road and then it bogged down, not slowly, just from reved out to soudning like the muffler fell of, and bogged down had no power then stalled wit ha little bang or CLICK. Then I rolled to a stop and slowly pulled it over first, and had to compression and a couple places feltlike it was hitting something and you had to pull really hard to break past that point. SOOOOO, now my 3 wheeler is ripped apart, I have the valve cover off so far.

I put my spare engine in, os I still have a 3 wheeler, but the spare engine has bad rings so she burns a little oil. Still better then no 3 wheeler.

Just wondering what you guys might think I blew in that engine? The spark plug was covered in white chunky powdery stuff, hard to explain. And when it blew it smoked bad and oil came out the head. So what should I be looking for?

Maine_Triker
06-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Sounds to me like your gaskets blew. Dude, plz don't open er' up like that, do that with the quad lol.

bigredhead
06-25-2005, 10:20 AM
sounds like the cam chain jumped and things made " contact ".... doh. was she knocking or ticking before this happened ?

Tri-ZNate
06-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Well if oil is commin out of the head its probably just a blown gasket. Did the previous owner take the head off at all? Sounds like it might be that liquid gasket stuff on your plug.

bigredhead
06-25-2005, 12:26 PM
it it was hard to pullstart.. something was locking it up.. a blown gasket would not do that.

ross932c
06-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Well got her apart today, blew a chunck out of the side of the piston. So that'll do it.

rustbucket
06-25-2005, 09:28 PM
rod bearings would be my first guess. they needles sometimes comeout and lodge in between piston and cylinder and it will stick. Who cares rip it apart and find out.

Tri-ZNate
06-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Who cares rip it apart and find out.

he did if you read carefully.

ross932c
06-25-2005, 10:59 PM
lol, probly typeing at same time

chris200x
06-25-2005, 11:49 PM
rod bearings would be my first guess. they needles sometimes comeout and lodge in between piston and cylinder and it will stick. Who cares rip it apart and find out.

:eek: :rolleyes: ROTFLMAO!!! Apperently you don't care causse you don't read the thread. :D

RideRed250R
06-25-2005, 11:53 PM
bent valve, my guess, i am pretty sure that would be it, cause if your cam chain jumped a tooth the valve would be out of place, and then it would bend the valve, and that would be y its hard to pull in some spots and not in others
adam

slothminx
06-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Well got her apart today, blew a chunck out of the side of the piston. So that'll do it.

bent valve, my guess, i am pretty sure that would be it, cause if your cam chain jumped a tooth the valve would be out of place, and then it would bend the valve, and that would be y its hard to pull in some spots and not in others
adam

hmm i think reading the thread helps lol :p