PDA

View Full Version : 250R Owners: Tried Roost Boost yet>?

ATCRYDER
02-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Mine came in the mail today (although, I cannot test it, ofcourse).

Its labeled "Roost Boost Plus" and is a pretty neat little add on. Nice and small so mounting wont be any trouble.

If youd tried Roost Boost Ignition Upgrade: What do you think? What changed (if anything)?

Rob

Heres a pic below of what Roost Boost PLus for TRX and ATC R's look like

200x Basket
02-06-2003, 02:09 PM
everyone i have seen on this board and www.mcdizzy.com says that are a gimmick and not to waste your money. to late i guess.

CartmanKXT250
02-06-2003, 02:58 PM
duh roost boost is a JOKE
its a freakin wire wrapped with other wire..doesnt do anything at all...just giving answer money..thats it

ATCRYDER
02-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Ive heard good and bad, I jsut wanted to hear from people thatrve actually -tried- them.

I guess, for one, Im glad I only paid $5.50 for mine ;)

Thanks guys & keep the comments comin,
Rob

HondaRider
02-07-2003, 03:07 AM
I used to have an 89 CR250 that had one on it when I bought it. A friend of mine, thats worked at various motorcycle shops for about 15-20 years told me to take it off. He said it can burn up your stator, cdi, coil, etc. He said its not worth the money. So, I'd stay away from it if I were you. Just another thought.

Derek

86waterpumper
02-07-2003, 11:37 AM
I agree with the previous comments, that 5.50 could cost you a 250 dollar ignition, I'd throw it on ebay and make a profit LOL

LAME
02-07-2003, 12:05 PM
I used to have an 89 CR250 that had one on it when I bought it. A friend of mine, thats worked at various motorcycle shops for about 15-20 years told me to take it off. He said it can burn up your stator, cdi, coil, etc. He said its not worth the money. So, I'd stay away from it if I were you. Just another thought.

Derek

Yep. Roost Boost is like adding a picnic table to the rear hatch of your Civic. I have had friends loose electrical compnets from Roost Boost.

TimSr
02-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Id try one for $5.50 but I doubt youll see any difference.
Also the way these work is they are simply a coil the boosts the input voltage to the plug coil so the final output is a higher voltage. The most common method used for a tether kill switch is to run the coil input through the switch directly to ground. If that wont fry an ignition system, youll be hard pressed to figure out a way to fry anything in the ignition system with this thing.

atc86r
02-07-2003, 08:54 PM
roost boost plus. i bought mine from dennis kirk in 90. ran it until i got my cylinder ported 2 yrs ago. whatever it does i don't know but i never fouled a plug with it. i gave it to teemgeek6 an electrical engineer on macdizzy last summer. i've emailed him a few times to find out what he found out. he hasn't replied. didn't hurt anything on my r. i still run the same stock ignition.

atc86r
02-09-2003, 11:26 PM
geek figures its a timing type of thing. probably works on a stock machine. he ended up tossing it in the trash.