PDA

View Full Version : No spark

Banage
06-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Well i finally narrowed it down to pulling out the plug and looking for spark, and there is none, new plug, none so i got a problem somewhere else, where could it be?

Banage
06-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Well i finally narrowed it down to pulling out the plug and looking for spark, and there is none, new plug, none so i got a problem somewhere else, where could it be? its the '83 so it has a batt. in it and it seemes to be charged all the time.

chris200x
06-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Check all your connections on your harness. Make sure you have nice clean grounds. also, I seen this a thousand times on this site... If it's a honda 200cc most likely your stator. Seems to be a big issue with the honda's. Not that I'm bashing them or anything.

strick9
06-23-2005, 03:05 PM
I just got mine running and just my opinion, but on mine it was the coil. stator was good, but there was no resistance in the coil. just my two cents worth

Banage
06-23-2005, 05:24 PM
stator? is that the little black box runing to my plug?

chris200x
06-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Your stator is down by the flywheel. I believe the left-hand side of the motor inside the case. It may very well be your coil for the plug. but nine out of ten times I think it's going to be the stator. I got a new one cheap at www.hyperparts.com. I would try this only after I checked all connections and grounds. also try a new plug gapped properly. Try the obvious before you panic. A multi-meter would help you out tremendsously.