PDA

View Full Version : Made a ramp

400ccHomemade
06-22-2005, 03:35 PM
I had some old lumber laying around, so I decided to build a ramp. It's 6 feet wide, 8 feet long, and 18" high. Not a crazy ramp, but enough to have some real fun on. I put a small piece of plywood down to see where I land. If I clear the wood, I move it back a little. So far I'm up to 14 feet and counting! I know to most of you this sounds like wussy stuff, but try to keep in mind this is a 1982 Tri-Moto with NO suspension. Poor little guy............So far I've probably hit it well over a hundred times, and SO FAR no breakage. One thing I noticed though is the rear axle bolts wiggle loose after 10 or so jumps. I just carry a 14mm wrench with me and tighten them up every few jumps. I'm not bragging here, I know it's not that "extreme", but I like it! :Bounce

bigredhead
06-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Might want to take those homemade extenders out if you want to jump.

and get a gallon jug of loctite !

toyota200x
06-22-2005, 07:45 PM
You are destroying that poor 3 wheeler. Get a quad if you want to jump. :mad:

250r'en +TCB
06-22-2005, 07:53 PM
ouch man.... my butt hurts reading it!!!! That has got to be rough on the thing, just het a quad WITH SHOCKS and jump that. I can just picture the front axle comeing off and you landing on the forks....that would blow...................

400ccHomemade
06-23-2005, 06:40 AM
I'd rather kill a 25 year old beat to hell pile that I got for free than spend money on something nice and beat that. If it breaks, I'll fix it.

MassTrike
06-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Jump anything on anything is what i say, Im all for it. Ive tried to hit 20 ft tables tops on my big red. why would you get a quad to jump tho? I jump my R higher than than my old Craptor. You aint gone big enough untill you break something

Orangecnty250r
06-23-2005, 07:44 AM
Enough of the talk. Get someone to snap some evil knievel pics of you enjoying the view from up above.

250r'en +TCB
06-23-2005, 08:55 AM
the reason we said by a quad, or better trike for that matter, was becasue the thing has NO shocks!?!?! the only shovk obsorbtion you have is the rubber on the tires.......

400ccHomemade
06-23-2005, 09:52 AM
It's an uphill ramp, and I land on the crest of the hill. It's hard to explain, but I am not realy landing that hard. I am landing just as I am switching from going to coming back down. In other words, I'm not really falling and landing. I am landing just as I am starting to fall. So there's really no slamming when I land. Here, I'll attach a pic of what I mean. You can see even though I'm going far, it's not bad. And I should remind you I'm only going 14 feet. Thats not far or high. And I never said I was evil kinevil.

Trackburger
06-23-2005, 09:58 AM
You aint gotta explain it to any of us..... Jump the hell out of that thing and have a good time. :beer

If your not having fun....whats the point. If it breaks...fix it. :cool: ;)

bigredhead
06-23-2005, 10:22 AM
It's all about the budget !

if you can afford to " Fix it " .. then by all means.. rock on !

( you'd see me drive NEXT to the ramp tho !! ) yeah.. i'm a poor shmuck.

AirManCam
06-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Nothing wrong with jumpin a trimoto. ****, I jump the rancher.