PDA

View Full Version : atc 70 question

western star
06-19-2005, 07:39 PM
anyone know how to remove the rear axle?The book says to slide the brake drum and rear sproket assembly out and slide the axle out,but it looks like they dont slide.I banged and pried and wont move.That is the brake drum,and sproket ass. Cant even get past that point. If anyone knows how or done it before let me know the secret.also i think my exaust is gettin hotter than normal what would cause that??I put new points,condenser,put in time,and rebuilt the carb.Any help would be nice .Its a 85 atc 70

Wickedfinger
06-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Soak everything in copious amounts of WD-40 overnight - I would also tip the bike on its side to let it penitrate - make sure the axle spacer covers are off (if I really had to say that - but I have heard of them sticking to the axle). After that, just whack it on either end with a soft mallet and it should come off. everything is really held in place by those axle cover/spacers.

Ddw350
06-19-2005, 11:57 PM
yes,mine needed alot of lube,but actual removal of the axle is pretty easy when its not frozen up...my exhaust has always seemd hotter than i thought it should be,but i keep going with it,with no problems