PDA

View Full Version : new plastics, tires, bars, custom brakes...updated 200x PICS

kilabeez0
06-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Ok, I didn't get a chance to wash it, but check out my new pics. I snapped the small threaded lever that connects the brake mechanism, so I went to Sears hardware and had to get american nuts and bolts. After some grinding, drilling, and bending, it looks good and it's functional! Tell me what you think so far. I can't BELIEVE I got rear brakes finally!!! I had to make a custom vacuum to attach to the bleeder bolt, to pull the fluid through.

kilabeez0
06-18-2005, 10:58 PM
I dont have all the bolts in the front fender, that's why it looks crooked. Once I wire up the tail light I'm pretty sure it'll be 99% done. Then in a few weeks or so I'll strip it back down and powder coat EVERYTHING and have the rear shock serviced. Then it will be just like new! Oh and i dont know why the tires look like that in the pic, they are brand spank'n new.

83185s
06-19-2005, 12:57 AM
hey you got that seat cover i was gonna get..that looks pretty sweet man..i think im defintely gonna get that one..where did * get the white plastics? ive been lookin for them for awhile

chris200x
06-19-2005, 01:57 AM
Nice ride. How does it run for you?. Dude white plastics for the 83-85 are readily available through maier . I know bikerchickltd. on ebay sells white ones also.

kilabeez0
06-19-2005, 08:48 AM
i got the front for like $35 off of ebay, however it doesn't have the smooth glossy look like the rears. I might sell it for a glossy one. And the rear I got from JLatv.com for like $140 shipped. It runs great. Starts first kick as long as it's been sitting in the garage and not outside. The one thing I cant stand is the ticking noise though. I'm eventually going to put a new cam chain and new valves in it.

Maine_Triker
06-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Looking pretty good!!!