PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on frame color??

Hornetpowerspor
06-17-2005, 09:34 AM
I am thinking about building another drag trike or dune trike similar to my one below. I have a factory black gas tank so I will be giong with all black plastic. My question to you is what would look the best with this color scheme. I was thinking on these lines, Honda Red, Honda Blue(like the seat) metallic grey (similar to the new bike frames) or a metallic charcoal grey.

Jeb
06-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Does that drag trike have "hard" front end?

I'd go with the Honda Red frame and hunt up a red seat cover.

Dammit!
06-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Powder coat it "smoked chrome" it looks sweet.

badpig121
06-17-2005, 11:28 AM
While I'm a bit biased, I think you need to go Black and Red :naughty:

Hornetpowerspor
06-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Does that drag trike have "hard" front end?

I'd go with the Honda Red frame and hunt up a red seat cover.

Yes it is a solid front end. I used 6061 aircraft aluminum tubing when I built it. It works great for dirt drags or sand drags. To ride in the dunes, Forget It! I put my stock suspension on when I go to the dunes.

BIGCRIP28
06-17-2005, 02:32 PM
id go red or grey.

Blown 331
06-17-2005, 02:38 PM
I'd make the whole thing black, including the frame.

Meat-BoX
06-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Look your building a Drag bike, All these grays and black an Red, they are everywhere or dull against Black, "grays"
Wht Not Get It PowderCoated with some bigger Metal Flake with whatever color you choose. It will stand out and shine sweet when the sun hits it. Anodize a few goodies would be cool too.
Black, Red with Chrome or Gold Metal Flake to match the rims and other shiney goodies, might be nice. I got Green Powder Coat with Gold metal Flake on my Tecate and it looks so sweet.