PDA

View Full Version : Just Picked Up A Rare Speedo Kit And Other NOS Parts...

Maine_Triker
06-15-2005, 06:19 PM
We just got back from central Maine, and went to see a dude with a bunch of old parts.

We picked up a Big Red 250ES speedometer kit. The kit is new, but is missing the cable and some wires. The speedo gearbox was never touched, and when I opened it I saw that HA0 was stamped on it...
So, anyone want to trade this kit for a 350x one? :D

Also picked up some OEM 964 parts, some sort of tool, a speedo cable for the 200e (don't know if it fits yet), a electric speedo kit for a 200sx, a Big Red bearing, some rubber stuff, and some Rubber Footpegs for a 200sx, will try to put them on an ATC.

Hey, we paid only $50 for all of this!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :Bounce :Bounce :p

Hey John, if no one trades the 250ES kit for a 350x kit, I'll be needing one of those 350x mounting brackets :naughty:

Phil

Maine_Triker
06-15-2005, 07:34 PM
OOPS, I almost forgot, the same guy has a couple new Hondaline bumpers for a TRX200 if anyone is interested...

ATCwithdrawals
06-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey Maine Triker, where about's in central maine does this person live??

jeswinehart
06-15-2005, 07:41 PM
It sure is fun to find those out of the way places that have a stash of vintage parts. Very nice score for sure.

i'll make up one this weekend Maine_Triker.

john

Maine_Triker
06-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey Maine Triker, where about's in central maine does this person live??

Hermon (by Bangor). I took all he had that was ATC related though. He didn't have much. I'll PM you his phone #, etc.

Phil

ATCwithdrawals
06-15-2005, 07:50 PM
does he have any trikes or did he just have some parts to get rid of?

350x'inNY
06-15-2005, 08:36 PM
It sure is fun to find those out of the way places that have a stash of vintage parts. Very nice score for sure.

i'll make up one this weekend Maine_Triker.

john

Swinehart.... can you make 2 while you are at it? :D I found another complete 350X speedo head and mounting kit. Everything is there except the mounting bracket... he sold to someone for a 85/86R.

Maine Triker .... Since you swooped those footpeg covers out from underneath me :mad: from HondaATC .... I'd like to find a set for my 82R else see if Pat Blackwell could use them.

Bruce

jeswinehart
06-15-2005, 08:39 PM
sure thing buddy ,,,, alu or steel ? phil ,,, what do you want ?

alu shines up very well ,,, steel paints very well.

john

350x'inNY
06-15-2005, 08:59 PM
sure thing buddy ,,,, alu or steel ? phil ,,, what do you want ?

alu shines up very well ,,, steel paints very well.

john

Hmmmmm.... how about one of each? :D I'll be using this on my daily driver... I'll use the OEM one on my "Supermodel"... so I guess just do what's easier. Dang... guess we'll have to start another Genny Tally!

Bruce

jeswinehart
06-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Bruce ,,,, I thought you are still 2 down :)

Maine_Triker
06-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Withdrawals: No he didn't have any trikes, just some parts, and lots of motorcycles and other motorized units.

Swinehart: Hmmmm, I'll take whatever you think is closer to stock. The stock one is black right? So I guess it'd be the steel. Will get those pics to you of the fender brace probably tomorrow.

Bruce: How long are your 250r footpegs? I know that the 250es ones are about the same as the 350x, so Pat will need some non-200e kind. Hey, you looking for some 964 piston rings? You can have these for cheap, we're not going to use them.

Rex Karz
06-16-2005, 01:42 AM
Maine_Triker, what brand and size are those Wooly's on Your 350X ?

Maine_Triker
06-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Hey Rex, I'm not sure what tires they are they were on the X when I bought it. (I'm not a big tire guy)

Bruce, get me the mesurements of your footpegs, the ones I just got might fit on the 200e style of peg, but they are too long. They do not fit on 250es/350x/84 250r pegs. You can have these if you think you can make them work.

350x'inNY
06-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey Rex, I'm not sure what tires they are they were on the X when I bought it. (I'm not a big tire guy)

Bruce, get me the mesurements of your footpegs, the ones I just got might fit on the 200e style of peg, but they are too long. They do not fit on 250es/350x/84 250r pegs. You can have these if you think you can make them work.

If they are too long for the 350X, I'm sure I can get them to fit on my 82R. I will have to drill holes in the 82R pegs regardless. I'm interested in those piston rings too. You know the sizes? I got a .25 over piston sitting right here, but no rings. Also, I MIGHT be trading my Go-Go 350X for a Big Red. If so, I'll have an extra 350X speedo gearbox and will be needing the 250ES Big Red speedo kit. :D

PS - My latest 82R came with the Hondaline Fairing, and Wooly Bogger tires..... going to make it into a winter racer..... that's what those rubber footpeg covers are designed for in the first place!!

Maine_Triker
06-16-2005, 07:14 PM
If they are too long for the 350X, I'm sure I can get them to fit on my 82R. I will have to drill holes in the 82R pegs regardless. I'm interested in those piston rings too. You know the sizes? I got a .25 over piston sitting right here, but no rings. Also, I MIGHT be trading my Go-Go 350X for a Big Red. If so, I'll have an extra 350X speedo gearbox and will be needing the 250ES Big Red speedo kit. :D

PS - My latest 82R came with the Hondaline Fairing, and Wooly Bogger tires..... going to make it into a winter racer..... that's what those rubber footpeg covers are designed for in the first place!!

The rings are standard bore. I will dig out the PN's later tonight. You can have all of it for 30 bux shipped (rubber footpegs, and both sets of rings) or 25 bux if you only want 1 set.

If you do get the Big Red, I would be very interested in that trade. :naughty:

Phil

Maine_Triker
06-16-2005, 07:30 PM
The PN's on both sets are 131A2-964-003. I ran this on Service Honda and it is the standard bore. Then I saw the price!! :eek: I should be charging you more LOL J/K.

jeswinehart
06-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Are you guys talking about those rubber foot peg add on things ??? that set i got from you bruce mounted up on my 350x pegs with a little hand filing to egg out 1 hole. i love those things ! i also have a set on my bigred that i got from bruce.
hey Phil ,,, that picture of that bracket for a bigred looks exactly like the bracket that is on my 1985 bigred. you called it a 84 bracket in the e-mail.
did you mean a 85 - 86 bigred ,,, well if you didn't they very well might not have changed anything on that bracket.
( i'd sure like to see a set go to 200Xmans wife ,,, she rides a 250 bigred - hint-hint :) )

my steel fella did not have the material i wanted so i'm gonna do up your brackets from alu. i am positive they will be strong enough but won't know for sure till i get them cut out + bent to correct position. i'll know in the morning.

i bet there ain't much a MPH difference in the drive units from a bigred over a 350x unit.

john

200xman
06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
( i'd sure like to see a set go to 200Xmans wife ,,, she rides a 250 bigred - hint-hint :) )

I have to give credit where credit is due. My wife rode the Big Red around our yard a couple of times before TF but never rode it there. I think you are thinking of Keri, Mike from L.I.'s wife. She actually took her Big Red out on the trails and has a few bruises to prove it. :D

Maine_Triker
06-16-2005, 09:11 PM
John, that cannot be. The 200e/es brackets are different from the 250es ones. (see attached pic). :wondering Also they mount on different sides... :confused:

Anyway, the fender brace and 200e/es bracket will be headed your way tomorrow. When you ship it back, you might as well send it with the 350x speedo bracket to save on the shipping cost. ;)

It would be cool if you could start selling your stuff on eBay (grab bars, speedo brackets, fender braces, speedo tach combo dashes :D ). If I didn't already have my chrome 6-pack rack, I'd be wanting one of your grab bars :naughty:

Those speedo brackets are coming along nice!!
Phil

EDIT: The difference in the gearboxs is ~6% ;)

350x'inNY
06-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Bruce ,,,, I thought you are still 2 down :)

Swinehart... those were 30 packs... not a case. So 6 -30 packs = 7½ cases... hehehehhehehe... plus you don't know the aggrivation it was to Holic to find that beer! hahaahaha

If those rings are for a std piston, they will be no use to me.

You need my address?

Bruce

jeswinehart
06-16-2005, 11:34 PM
I have to give credit where credit is due. My wife rode the Big Red around our yard a couple of times before TF but never rode it there. I think you are thinking of Keri, Mike from L.I.'s wife. She actually took her Big Red out on the trails and has a few bruises to prove it. :D

Yeah ,,, Kerry ! me and names ,,, i was telling kerry @ trikefest05 and had her test out those footpeg things on my x and highly recomended on getting a set.
i'll double check that 250es bracket out in the morning phil with pics.

john

350x'inNY
06-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah ,,, Kerry ! me and names ,,, i was telling kerry @ trikefest05 and had her test out those footpeg things on my x and highly recomended on getting a set.
i'll double check that 250es bracket out in the morning phil with pics.

john

Ohhhh..... I and Maine Triker it looks like, thought you were talking about the speedo brackets...for the 200ES and 250ES not the footpeg things!

Bruce

ricky15 ATC200X
06-17-2005, 02:06 AM
Does Anybody Know If They Made A Speedo And Tach Gauges For 1984 200x If So Where Can I Get Em?

atcmatt
06-17-2005, 02:53 AM
Wanna sell me the 250es Kit??? :cool: I want one BAD!!!

Matt

Maine_Triker
06-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Morning all,

Does Anybody Know If They Made A Speedo And Tach Gauges For 1984 200x If So Where Can I Get Em?

Yup, there was a tach for the 200x if I'm not mistaken. Speedos are fairly popular compared to the right side ones. I would recommend eBay.

Wanna sell me the 250es Kit??? I want one BAD!!!

Matt

Well, Matt, anything is for sale for the right price.

You need my address?

Bruce

PM it to me. If you can't make them work, just ship them back, if they do work out, just send me what ever there worth, I'd say 20 bux.

Phil

jeswinehart
06-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes i got confused about the brackets. you are right Phil.
Bruce ,,, so you still owe me then - lol. ! can only imagine what you had too endure on the little ride in the scud. How many "beer" stops did you make anyway ???

okay ,, 6% difference in speedo drive units from x to es. that sound like a bunch but lets figure the numbers ( help me out 350XinNY ).
at 30 MPH it would be 1.8 MPH ,,, @ 60 MPH it wold be a 3.6 MPH difference ( plus or minus ? ) . Any where close Bruce ???

yeah i was talking about those rubber footpeg thing for Carrie ( poor typing on my part ).

Those brackets are done guys,,, i'll send them out in the morning .

john

Maine_Triker
06-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Putting an ES gearbox on an X: When 50 mph is displayed, your really going 47ish.
It's opposite when using an X gearbox on an ES. ;)