PDA

View Full Version : Another computer generated "Super Trike"

Yamahammer490
06-15-2005, 01:13 PM
My wife worked this weekend and plunking away at the computer is one of the few things I can do while still watching the kids, so I cranked this out.

It's a combination of a Kawasaki 600, one of their quads, and a bunch of KX parts.

New2ATC
06-15-2005, 01:17 PM
whoa... now if only they made one like that...

200xadam
06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
it would definetaly need a longer swing arm...

LonesomeTriZ
06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey Yamahammer, Can you get a blown up shot of your avatar?

Yamahammer490
06-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey Yamahammer, Can you get a blown up shot of your avatar?

Yup, here it is! I made this one a couple of weeks ago.

I jokingly called it the 1988 Tri-Z 350 Twin, shown in the limited edition Kenny Roberts colors. (Yamaha's standard off-road color scheme in 1988 was white with, I believe, red.)

LonesomeTriZ
06-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks. You have given me some ideas I most likely should not have.

Yamahammer490
06-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks. You have given me some ideas I most likely should not have.

You're not thinking about a Tri-Z with a Banshee engine, are you? That would be totally cool. :cool:

I used the RZ engine for this one which, by the way, is powervalved. Since I was using the RZ engine I also stuck the bikini fairing and chin spoiler on the front and though they looked great.

I wish I had the time to actually make a real version of this but, unfortunately, I barely get a few hours here and there to ride my regular Z. Maybe someday...

LonesomeTriZ
06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I have alreadt set a banshee engine in a Tri-Z frame. It is not all that. What you have to go through to ride it will not be worth the time.

I was actually thinking about the body and cawling. That looks pretty damn cool.

Red Rider
06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Yammahammer, before you do make the real thing, you better re-engineer that front fender. It looks like it will have to melt a little bit if you want to turn left. I would assume turning right would be the same story since I'm guessing that there's an identical pipe running down the left side of the bike also. What the hell, it would be a blast in a straight line though! Who needs to turn anyway? Afterall, wasn't that what got three-wheelers into trouble in the first place? You just may have stumbled onto a way to make 3-wheelers safe again! :D

Yamahammer490
06-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Yammahammer, before you do make the real thing, you better re-engineer that front fender. It looks like it will have to melt a little bit if you want to turn left. I would assume turning right would be the same story since I'm guessing that there's an identical pipe running down the left side of the bike also. What the hell, it would be a blast in a straight line though! Who needs to turn anyway? Afterall, wasn't that what got three-wheelers into trouble in the first place? You just may have stumbled onto a way to make 3-wheelers safe again! :D

Actually that model was available only in the "limited turning radius" version meant to take out the instability induced by turning... :D

Good catch! Like I said, I was just farting around on the computer while on child supervision duty so you may catch other geometric irregularities as well. :)

I'm sure the Kawasaki at the top of this thread will have a fair number of problems if it were built too, but I think they're cool to look at.

Maine_Triker
06-15-2005, 06:09 PM
OK, now someone go out and make those trikes!!! LOL

Red Rider
06-15-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm gonna get some flack from the Kawasaki guys on this one, but I've got to say this in response to your quote:

I'm sure the Kawasaki at the top of this thread will have a fair number of problems if it were built too, ...
Well after all, it is a Kawasaki. :naughty:

hadar
06-15-2005, 06:26 PM
The Tri-rz, is so cool looking. 1985 was truly a year of greatness for yamaha. :D

250r'en +TCB
06-15-2005, 06:51 PM
somebody with some extra $$$ lying around should build this... I don't think it would be overly hard, sure it would take some fabrication but you could probly just use a 450r quad frame, then cut the front of it off and work from there. I'd do it but I'm only 15, and I don't have an extra 7k lying around, lol

AZ250R
06-15-2005, 07:42 PM
somebody with some extra $$$ lying around should build this...
I do think that is a great rendition, however, I like the look of our late model 250Rs much better. :cool:

willcamach
06-15-2005, 09:37 PM
the swingarm on the honda looks like its 12 inches long......lol