PDA

View Full Version : atc 200 1983 plug not wet need help please

downlowcc
06-15-2005, 11:52 AM
hello i have a honda atc 200 the problem is the plug will not get gas it dont get wet at all but when i turn the tank on the gas comes out the overflow? tube and drips down to the ground its ran great last year please help ty

oddball3
06-15-2005, 11:56 AM
sounds like your float is stuck. Take your carb off and clean it out.

downlowcc
06-15-2005, 12:02 PM
anything gonna pop out like springs and gasket replacement needed if i open the carb ?

oddball3
06-15-2005, 12:45 PM
if you take the carb off from the manifold there is no gasket just an o-ring that usually doesnt need replacing. When you get it off you will have to take the throttle slide out also. from the top. it just threads off. Turn the carb upside down and drain the fuel. there are 4 screws on the bottom, take them out and pull the bowl off. you might have something stuck in the needle or it is just stuck. make sure the float and needle move freely. it only moves up and down a little. there is a pin holding the float. Nothing should pop out on you, take pics if you have to.

downlowcc
06-15-2005, 12:51 PM
thanks oddball :beer

NOUSAGI
06-16-2005, 12:05 AM
get some starter fluid at your local auto store and spay some in the carb with the filter off and choke opened, spray in their good it should unstick the bowl-- then choke it then pull start, you might have to pull start it a few times more then you think - just keep trying if doesnt work first time, give it a minute or 2 then try again repeat the procedure-- it took 3 times on mine ----i also put the fluid directlly on the tip of plug and a very little in the hole - cuase thats how i got my 200s -started-- it wasnt getting the plug wet and thats how i detemind that it was a fuel prob. try, im sure itll turn on -------------------------Pete w/NOUSAGI-X192 :cool:

MTS
06-16-2005, 12:08 AM
get some starter fluid at your local auto store and spay some in the carb with the filter off spray in their good it should unstick the bowl-- then choke it then pull start, you might have to pull start it a few times more then you think - just keep trying if doesnt work first time, give it a minute or 2 then try again repeat the procedure - cuase thats how i got my 200s -started-- it wasnt getting the plug wet and thats how i detemind that it was a fuel prob. try, im sure itll turn on -------------------------Pete w/NOUSAGI-X192 :cool:
I wouldnt recomend usin to much of that stuff, if it burns too much it will melt your piston.

NOUSAGI
06-16-2005, 12:19 AM
atleast once wouldnt hurt, dont we have almost the same set up as car engines except the tranny ..i thought well if it works for most engines then ill try it... i just was trying to see if it would putter then i was gonna rebuit the carb but instead it started completelly ---im still gonna rebuit tho well my motor runs great i wouldnt flood the carb tho just give it a few sprays but make sure you get good in their.....................

MTS
06-16-2005, 12:21 AM
atleast once wouldnt hurt, dont we have almost the same set up as car engines except the tranny ..i thought well if it works for most engines then ill try it... i just was trying to see if it would putter then i was gonna rebuit the carb but instead it started completelly ---im still gonna rebuit tho well my motor runs great i wouldnt flood the carb tho just give it a few sprays but make sure you get good in their.....................
yea a few shots of it wont hurt it, but i was gettin at the point of dont make a habbit of it....its hard on the motor.

NOUSAGI
06-16-2005, 12:30 AM
he just sounded a little worried about opening the cab which isnt a big deal compared to alot of other carbs - man my brother inlaws ride those c1 water cooled pocket bikes and their performance carb rebuit kit came with 28 peices of rings gaskets ect..... i was like good luck man.............anyways, just well give it a shot it wont hurt .. before you get into something that you might get stuck in, in the long run - i know ive been their :D