PDA

View Full Version : new to 3 wheel's, in uk building an 86 tecate using an 85 kx frame!

uk86tecate
06-14-2005, 05:08 AM
is was hoping some1 else may of already done this, and can maybe tell me future problems before i make them, if not ill just keep my progress posted.
so far, complete rolling chassis, front end fits fine, possibility that the rake angle is longer, but until i can get std meaure ments i cant tell.
frame clearence is 60mm lower by a calculation again dont have std measurements. swin arm pivot is 100mm lower, again dont have std measurements., shock travel is 1.5 inches too long but thats easily cureable but unitrack system all fits snuggly.
rear subframe, needs chopping and makin horizontal. but apart from all that, seems like its going to work a treat.
planning to compete locally here in the uk, with the open class quads, and do the western supermare beach race in september, so time is short.

so basicaly any 1 out there with an 86 tecate please get in touch and send me the relevant dimensions. many thanks. email me maz1954@hotmail.co.uk

OZQUAD44
06-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Got pictures?
Did anyone send you the info you need?