PDA

View Full Version : 250r commpression question.

Paul
02-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Ok i got the 250r back to mess with it some more, i finally got that compression gauge and like i said i dont know much about this stuff so here is what i did, i screwed it in instead of the plug and kicked the pedal and it barely showed anything on the gauge, if i kick it like 5 times it goes up to 30 and stays there no matter how much more u pump, but if i touch the gas it goes back down to zero and i hear a puff out of the exaust,

is my compression bad??? how hard is it to change the rings and is 30$ a good deal for the rings???

THanks

Tecate performance
02-05-2003, 12:06 AM
when you do a compression test you should hold the throttle wide open and kick it over untill the gauge stops. you should warm it up too. i don't think it would run with only 30 psi. also check to see if the schraeder valve is in the end you screw into the motor of the compression tester. that keeps the air in the gauge so you get the total amount.

200xman
02-05-2003, 08:28 AM
Yuo might want to pull the carb and check the reeds too.

Paul
02-05-2003, 03:41 PM
yeah i got the readings, there are really low, so i took the head cylender off and the piston looks like a gonner:((