PDA

View Full Version : My Big Red having probs...

Russell 350X
06-12-2005, 03:59 PM
I havent run it in a while cuz I had the back end torn apart to put new axel bearings in. Anyways it sat at school cuz I only had limited time to work on it, got it home started it and it ran really rough, didnt want to idle, when I tried to whine it out it would spit and sputter. After I ran it hard for a few minutes it was fine, idled good, ran better. Did it just need to be ran or what? It seems to pop and backfire a bit more too.

Russ

bigredhead
06-12-2005, 04:27 PM
How old was that gas ?

Fresh gas.. new plug.. clean the air filter .. and last resort clean the carb. but that should be all it needs if it ran good last time you had it out !

MTS
06-12-2005, 07:48 PM
gas was prolly stale..possibly a little gummed up in the carb,

Russell 350X
06-12-2005, 09:26 PM
The gas wasent that old, either is the plug, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to clean it. We cleaned the carb not to long ago.

Russ

MTS
06-12-2005, 09:31 PM
i wouldnt leave chit at my school in mechanics class, too many stupid kids who fk around with stuff and dump crap in your gas tanks.....or sawdust.

Russell 350X
06-13-2005, 07:43 PM
It was at out Votec school (BOCES) in the diesel mechanics class, the teacher kept a close eye on everything. We had 3 3wheelers in there this year and a 4wheeler to work on lol, some diesel class.

Russ

Oldshell4481
06-13-2005, 10:15 PM
i have votech took marine technology class and some dickheads in the class drilled holes in the boat we were restoring, i never did end up bringin my boat in there for some reason... as for that the gas could have been polluted, i know when i have any old gas my machines run like crap until the next tank, so now if my machine sits for too long i put the gas in the big vehicles and give the machine fresh.