PDA

View Full Version : Best pipe for the 250r

littlemax
06-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I have an 86 250r and i want to put an aftermarket pipe on it whats the best for more power?

-86 250r
-86 fatcat
-00 prarie 400 4x4

Ordo
06-12-2005, 12:41 PM
What power are you refering too Top end, mid, or low end? And what mods have been done to the R already? That would help us out alot.

Dammit!
06-12-2005, 01:11 PM
The FMF Fatty is the most common but there are better pipes out there. I have a Fatty right now but used to have a Paul Turner high rev which was way better (for top end).

BIGCRIP28
06-12-2005, 02:20 PM
every one has their own opinion...
esr, paul turner

Mike Fort Laud
06-13-2005, 12:33 AM
I have an '85 and have 6 pipes in the garage. The one I run on the bike is a Bill's Pipe. The problem is that you can't buy them. They will not make them. I have called and talked to Bill and he said "those jigs have been put away long ago". I have a Paul Turner Hi-Rev that screams,but you have to keep the RPM's up which does not really suit where I ride the most. I also have a Coffmans hand built sectional cone pipe that is a short fat low end track pipe that the power hits as soon as you hit the throttle,but not good for out riding the dirt roads and levees I ride. I have a DG pipe that is a good all around pipe and your best value. They are probably the most economical pipe and better than stock. You just have to remember that a Hi-Rev pipe does not mean your bike will be faster,it means you have to keep the RPM's up to be in the power band. A Low-End pipe does not make your bike slow, the power band just hits sooner. I have so many pipes because I did not understand how a pipe worked on a 2 stroke so I kept trying different ones until I found one that made my bike do what I wanted. I bought the Paul Turner because I thought it would make it faster,which it did but I could not trail ride. I always had to be in a lower gear and have the bike reved out all the time. I would have been better with the Type 6. The DG was the first pipe I bought just because it was the cheapest chrome pipe avaliable. Deceide how you ride and do a little research of what an expansion chamber does. It is not an exhaust pipe like a 4 stroke. A short fat pipe is for low end and a longer skinny pipe is a high rev pipe.

RideRed250R
06-13-2005, 12:41 AM
best all around pipe out there is the ESR ATC5 its about 235 shipped
adam