PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mom! :(

Tri-ZNate
06-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Well mommy thought my 3 wheeler was in the way so she decided to move it at some point today, and I just went out to move it back. I try starting it and now I hear alot of clanking like the piston is loose in there or something. SO tomorrow I have to tear into it and find out what the hell she did. Im afraid to even start it up because the clanking is so bad! Any ideas as to what it is?

Edit: ok its not as bad as I figured. If I hear something out of place I panic. The clanking was my starter winding down, and my problem now is it isnt getting any spark. It was running earlier today when I parked it so what she did I dont know.

chris200x
06-11-2005, 09:21 PM
You had better get MOM down there right away to fix whatever it is she messed up!

I think the real question here is well, if she only pushed it a little...who drove it last and how hard was it beat on? Hmmm?

Tri-ZNate
06-11-2005, 09:28 PM
who drove it last and how hard was it beat on? Hmmm?

I drove it from our pull barn about 100 yards from the house and back. not much room to beat on it.

twgranger
06-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Make her pay :p

Rex Karz
06-12-2005, 01:47 AM
By getting a drumset !

83185s
06-12-2005, 02:06 AM
uhm..you sure she didnt go ridin! lol..how did uh mommy start that beast?? most parents i know cant start anything that has to do with kickin..lol my dad has a gl 1000 and hes got electric start..lucky mofo..lol..and my mom prolly couldnt if her life depended on it so how does ** mom get yours started?

Tri-ZNate
06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
its electric start. Thats the magic of an SX unfortunatly.

Maine_Triker
06-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Did you test all the electrical stuff yet?

Coil, stator, alternator etc...

Tri-ZNate
06-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Did you test all the electrical stuff yet?

Coil, stator, alternator etc...

Dude I woke up about ten minuets ago. So no I havent rolled outside yet.

Maine_Triker
06-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Dude I woke up about ten minuets ago. So no I havent rolled outside yet.

Oh, thought you would of done it last night, or is it just me who stays up really late when my trikes are having issues :wondering LOL.

Tri-ZNate
06-12-2005, 10:27 AM
ok the good news and the bad:

Good: I cleaned the spark plug and it is sparking very nicely

The bad: I can push the kick starter down with my hands :(

Tri-ZNate
06-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Oh, thought you would of done it last night, or is it just me who stays up really late when my trikes are having issues :wondering LOL.

I figured the problem would still be there in the morning so I didnt worry too much ;)

oh also there is some air comming from the spark plug hole so something didnt snap inside there. Im hoping a ring broke or something simple that way I dont need a bore job.

Maine_Triker
06-12-2005, 12:02 PM
It sounds to me like you need gaskets and/or rings. Good luck

Tri-ZNate
06-12-2005, 06:01 PM
ok while working on other engines I got time to check the valves to see if the timing chain skipped or fell off, since a couple people said that maybe the valves might be stuck open. Well i took the valve covers off and the valves were moving just fine and dandy. so any other ideas?

kando
06-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Do a compression test. It'll help pinpoint if timing chain jumped a cog, broke ring, or head gasket blown.

crackshot
06-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Don't blame your mom on this. Her house, her garage and her rules!
Now, go clean your frickin' room and do something to help out around the house ya disrepectful little sh!t! :)

hadar
06-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Sounds like a timeing issue. But don't quote me.

Pigga
06-15-2005, 03:17 AM
yea i bet its the timing chain the same thing happend to my moms mazda "no compression" 400$ later yea it was the timing belt... i could have bought another trike :(

Tri-ZNate
06-15-2005, 06:35 PM
I hate messing with engines so I have come to the conclusion that I will sell this SX to help fund a 350x

Maine_Triker
06-15-2005, 06:38 PM
I hate messing with engines so I have come to the conclusion that I will sell this SX to help fund a 350x

If it don't run, I think you would get more money parting it out. If it's too nice to do that with then forget parting it, sell it whole.

slothminx
06-15-2005, 06:57 PM
you have given up way too easily, engines are simple and you cant do any harm as long as the hammers stay away and you note down how everything goes together. it may be a simple fix and its not even the gearbox your going near. i say you take a good look inside it

will

Tri-ZNate
06-15-2005, 08:02 PM
you have given up way too easily, engines are simple and you cant do any harm as long as the hammers stay away and you note down how everything goes together. i
will

I am mechanically challenged. The only engine which I have looked inside even was my mini bike engine and I pulled that apart just enough to replace the points. Plus I dont feel comfortable inside an engine.

bigredhead
06-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Find someone who is and give them a few bucks to at lease diagnose the problem correctly and make a decision from there.

corndawg
06-15-2005, 11:47 PM
your just frustrated with it, just leave it sit for a week or 2 and come back at it not so ticked off and youll make alot better progress, thats the reason my dad constantly has 3-4 projects going at a time, so when he gets frustrated with one he can just roll it outta the shop and dive into the next one for a while