PDA

View Full Version : dressing up the 200e for sale..

Oldshell4481
06-07-2005, 08:29 PM
im getting ready to sell my machine, im going to respray the gas tank, repaint the racks, plastic renew, repaint anything that has worn off paint, the tires are bald and i dont know if im gonna replace them. recommend me some more dress up for it, and what do you call reasonable, it runs great i was thinking Around 450.

Maine_Triker
06-08-2005, 10:13 AM
So you are selling it to finance another trike, am I correct?

Very good idea to repaint the racks.
Are you going to be sending me your tank or doing it yourself?

It's hard to tell w/out pics what else you should do to dress it up. I would think that it would be worth more then 450, more like 600.

chris200x
06-08-2005, 10:26 AM
My advice to you would be this: don't sink alot of money into it because you won't get it back. I would think the things you listed is plenty. Touch it up a bit cosmetically. If you want to you can always get some cheng shin knobbies for less than $30 a peice. I would think if the buyer seen it had new tires it would sell quicker.

Oldshell4481
06-08-2005, 11:18 AM
i am selling it to finance another trike and it is in real good shape besides 2 cracks in the rear fender, 1 crack in the front. i am going to try and paint this tank myself, the other tank i painted came out beautiful, the racks are in need of paint, im going to paint the headlight gaurd, and trailer hitch. and yes i am going to put some cheap new tires on it these ones are seriously bald.

1shot
06-08-2005, 11:16 PM
I might buy it if you can ride it to Arizona for me .......

Oldshell4481
06-09-2005, 06:43 AM
haha how boutcha just pay shipping

pjk15cartoon
06-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Polish it and do some miner touch up painting to it. it isn't worth your time to stick a bunch of $$ into if your going to sell it. take a pic of it and put it on ebay. you will be suprised what you may get for it is it look decent and isn't beat up to bad. I have seen some real junk go for crazy prices. good luck.