PDA

View Full Version : 350x jetting

dividebyzero
06-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Finally got the motor in it.Got it started on half choke,but when you shut the choke off,the rpm's went way up,put it back on half choke and idled fine?It has a .20 over piston,ported,3 angle valve job,dg excellerator pipe and k&n filter.It has the stock 42 pilot jet in it.Could it be it's getting more air than fuel?A bigger pilot jet?As it was idling,turned the fuel/air mixture knob and nothing changed.Any help would be great!

jeswinehart
06-07-2005, 12:20 PM
i ain't for crap with anything other then stock carb/engines but anyways ,,,,
dizasterfun just told me about his bout he had with his carb. he done a rebuid on the x he basically just picked up ( it had a few tune up issues ) and after getting carb put back on it started first kick but went to real high rpm's. the idle was set way high and even after he cranked the idle out to the max he found he had to adjust the throttle cable to get it idle normal.

john

BIGCRIP28
06-07-2005, 01:04 PM
once mine did a similar thing, it was because the throttle cable was pinched by the tank.
are you running stock main jet? (138)

dividebyzero
06-07-2005, 06:40 PM
once mine did a similar thing, it was because the throttle cable was pinched by the tank.
are you running stock main jet? (138)
put a 142 in it,but that shouldn't matter at idle i don't think.I'll check the throttle cable.Just the few minutes it ran,i pulled the plug today and it was black,smelled a little of gas.I do have a stock main to try,dunno.

dividebyzero
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Found the problem.

BIGCRIP28
06-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Found the problem.

what happened?

daputz
06-08-2005, 11:27 PM
some one left the air box to carb boot unhooked :wondering ................but in my defense it was very late and patients/sleep were running low :confused: