PDA

View Full Version : Question about Change of Tri-z hubs

noneed44wheels
06-07-2005, 01:29 AM
I have a 1985 Tri-Z withthe stock 4x100 hubs and want to change over to different ones to give me a better selection of wheels. Any knowledge of how and what I need to look for size wise and what hubs from other quads will adapt. Also does anybody know what I can do about the front wheel to make it match when i go with alluminum wheels. Any advise would be appreciated.

Power_Ram100
06-07-2005, 02:03 AM
There are many diffrent rim options for the 4x100 bolt pattern. There are alumnium front rims out there for the Tri Z somehow i found one it also came with a silver hub too.

Howdy
06-07-2005, 02:04 AM
My mind is so cluttered with TF stuff that I can't think 100% straight. But if I remember correctly there is quite a few honda hubs that fit. ;)
Howdy

Derrick Adams
06-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Honda hubs DON'T fit! Well, they do actually fit, but they're a Mother to get on and off. You have to heat them with a torch. An easier swap is to the Banshee hubs. 4 x 115mm. Direct fit and they're are tons of wheels out there for them.

It's REALLY hard to find a silver front wheel. There are no aftermarket ones available and the stock ones were limited edition. Best bet is to media blast the gold off the stocker and polish it out.

Another option for a front wheel (which i'm seriously considering) is to switch to a Honda front hub. Then you can get aftermarket wheels and smaller front tire. My thinking is to go to the Honda front hub and then order the "one off" 10" front wheel from Douglas. This lets you run any Quad front tire so your size and style is unlimited.

Mike_Ham_250R
06-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Yep, Banshee hubs or they make a Blaster-to-Banshee hub that fits right on

asc180
06-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Banshee,warrior,raptor, and the yzf450 all have the same hubs (4/115). They will all fit a stock Z axle. The blaster hubs are the same as you have. Go with one of the first 4 mentioned as there are so many aftermarket rims that will fit. Do not use 89 and 90 banshee hubs as they are 4/156. It was yamaha's stupid idea to change them those years. They went back to 4/115 in 91.

The easiest way to get a silver front rim is to go with the 85-86 250r or 350x front rim and hub. You need to get the brake disk to. It bolts right onto the Z with a 1/8 spacer on the Z brake caliper. Also a 86-87 200x front rim and hub will work too.

Dynofox
06-07-2005, 08:02 AM
My thinking is to go to the Honda front hub and then order the "one off" 10" front wheel from Douglas. This lets you run any Quad front tire so your size and style is unlimited.

Good thinking! I was just thinking a few days ago if there was such a rim. Wonder if I can get it in gold??

p_hefe
11-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Douglas makes a polished blue label front rim for the 4/205 tri z.

Billy Golightly
11-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I ran honda hubs on my Tri-Z for a little bit when I first got it. Used some thin welding rods as a spacer inbetween the splines on the hub and axle. Worked great.

2XTREME
11-18-2005, 02:32 AM
I just put Lonestar banshee hubs on my '85.Now I have a huge selection of tires I can go with.Go to my post a few lines down that titles Updated pics of my Tri-Z.I have a bunch of pictures on there.Hubs,Wheels and all.Douglas does not make a tri-z front rim so don't even try.I have been down that road.I ended up buying a stock Z front wheel that someone polished.I also put a banshee carrier,sprocket hub,brake hub,rotor,caliper,top mount fuel tank,black plastics,nickle plated dg pipe,C-series ITP aluminum wheels,23" front tire,and 19x10-10 rear holeshot tires.You can see all the pics on that post.If you have any questions just hollar.
Hasta,
X