PDA

View Full Version : Why is my 350x tank red? other questions

DeePa
06-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Ive been looking around, and have yet to see an all red 350x (fenders, tank, ect)

Did they sell them with red tanks?

I know its a stupid question, im just a little puzzled...

Now, how do I find a speedo gearbox for the 350x and is it even worth looking for a tach setup for it? I know bruce has a few stashed away, but i dont have enough coin at the moment to even think about getting rid of them.

Thanks,
mike

jeswinehart
06-06-2005, 11:55 PM
you just hafta keep your eyes open.
about the tank ,,, is it plastic ???

john

ATCnut
06-07-2005, 12:43 AM
Stock tanks were all white. But there is this really cool stuff, its called paint. Someone might have used it on your tank. lol

NOS_350X
06-07-2005, 02:18 AM
An aftermarket company called clake makes red plastic tanks. I got 2 and LOVE them.

DeePa
06-07-2005, 07:04 AM
this tank is metal...

maybe someone did paint it red...but it looked factory to me.

350x'inNY
06-07-2005, 07:23 AM
you just hafta keep your eyes open.
about the tank ,,, is it plastic ???

john

"Whoa... where'd you get that RPM thing there on the left.... that'd sure look nice on my 200X frame with a 350X front end with a 185s motor... did you get it that way from Honda??"

Come on man.... bring it to Trikefest! I don't want to be the only one hearing those questions!

I've only seen these 2 tachs in my 3 years of 350X purchases.... I found a second Right hand gearbox for the speedo on ebay a couple months ago... Left hand ones are abundant, but the Right hand ones (350X, water cooled R's) are much harder to find. I do have a complete HA2 speedo gearbox kit here I was going to use on a 350X... however, it will be gone after Trikefest cause I got an offer I couldn't refuse!

Bruce

Maine_Triker
06-07-2005, 09:59 AM
I almost had a 350x gearbox, but was to dumb to hit the BIN, that's the one Bruce ended up getting. :mad:

I've seen 2 other 350x tachs (see pics). I have a lead on many speedo kits for various models, but the people never call back!! :mad:

A Honda guy I talked to said he sold several tachs back in the day, so they are out there.

Maine_Triker
06-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Oh, I also figgured out how to use a left hand gearbox on the right side. The plan is still in the development stage though.

350x'inNY
06-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Oh, I also figgured out how to use a left hand gearbox on the right side. The plan is still in the development stage though.

I know away too, but it wouldn't catch myself doing it..... gotta do it right or not at all! I figure a NOS set of 350X forks w/boots/ and front axle are worth a 250R speedo kit even up trade. :naughty:

Bruce