PDA

View Full Version : How many of you restored/built a trike for trikefest?

Billy Golightly
06-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I've seen alot of people, (Myself included) that look to have been restoring their rides and just getting it done before trikefest. I'm interested in knowing to how many of you, was trikefest a motivating figure to get the restoration started and done? Definetly was for me. Vote in the poll or reply.

Lots_Of_Nothing
06-06-2005, 01:10 PM
I didnt really "restore" or any of that.. But I did have that date set to motivate me to get things done to it before going down. ALot of stuff I bought and swapped out. For both looks and function.

max
06-06-2005, 01:43 PM
i built my 86 r from frame up for tf!!!!! gonna tear it up when i get there!!!!

YAMAHA_Jim
06-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I built a 1985 tri-z to race MX with.My red Z was just to nice to take the chance of smashing up. Back in March/April I gathered up all the parts I needed off the shelf, painted them and put them all together. Theres alot more to it than that.lol
This MX tri-z didnt get a primo paintjob b/c I knew it wouldnt stay primo after a weekend of me riding it at haspin.It doesnt look bad but a painters eye can see some flaws.I already scraped up the bottom of the frame rolling over my doublejump.The motor for this tri-z came from my red Z. After TF05 I plan to tear the MX triZ down,freshen up the motor(cases are starting to seap oil after it gets hot.),and do a full restoration on my red tri-z. I will most likely use the MX tri-z again next year.
This trike build was like a poor mans version of American Chopper.Grab all the parts you have and buy whatever else you need and slap it together,lol. I even got into a few arguments with dad on this project. Dad-"WHy the he11 do you keep putting money into them ole 3wheelers", "You are never gonna have a nice Jeep when you keep peeing your money away on ATV's"
Jim-"I didnt spend any money dad, had all the parts on hand", didnt tell him about the bikebandit orders :) Jim-"I can drive your Jeep anytime I want dad" Dad and me should have our own show,lol
ANyways,,,thats the story on the MXZ, C ya's at Haspin

xtremez
06-06-2005, 03:25 PM
I was motivated enough to get the 200x ready in one week,cause it was running when I tore it apart. But still ended up being a job and then some. My Tri-z is tore down to far(engine and all) and it has been a real slow process dont want to rush perfection,maybe I will have it done for TF6,But I sure am not going to try to have it done in one week that is to hard on the old body!

89 blaster
94 blaster

TRI Z Racer
06-06-2005, 03:45 PM
well i have been slowly doing it for a while, accumulating parts now and then. Trikefest gave me a date i had to make or i wasnt going. I think it would still be a frame if i wasnt planing on going to trikefest

Billy Golightly
06-06-2005, 10:08 PM
dang, 84% says it has so far. :eek:

grundlegrabber
06-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Still trying to finish my 86 R, almost there but my heart sank today when I realized the muffler I have is for a quad and won't work. Now I have no muff, can't find one in time, things ain't lookin good. I picked this up a month ago from some dumb ass kid that had beat it, raped it, and rigged it for the last 8 years. I had to overcome just about every imaginable obstacle to get it back in to shape. He had run it with no air filter, front brakes worn to metal, broke the case out below the shift shaft, broke the sprocket bolt off in the main shaft, trashed the forks, lost the rear caliper, ground chain rollers off and down into the bolts, had wrong exh on it, had a lone star axle that I just today discovered was bent and had a wiped out sprocket hub, and the list just goes on and on. I rebuilt it end to end, was trying to finish it today, and now this. Man am I bummed. On the + side, trikefest motivated me to work real hard to get it at least this far, and now one more 86 ATC250R will live on.

x-script
06-06-2005, 10:55 PM
i was trying to get my SX done so i could make it to my first TF but it aint coming along to smooth got a damm good deal on a 200 and a 110 bot great shape ...both for 300 bux on the way to pick them up my truck went kabloom so i missed out on that mabey ill be ready for next TF

F7Firecat
06-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Here`s what it made me do. I needed the trike for TF so it`s not the best but will be done right after the trip to TF!! I personally think it came out well after just 2 weeks. There has been more added since the pic`s. The TF people will be the first to see it I`ll post some pic`s after for all the others LOL (gotta be some element of surprise). Anyway Later all & hope to see you at Haspin Acres, Jim

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=35732

TimSr
06-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Got the Quad-Z finshed tonight. Needed bored badly due to a prior budget bore job. As soon as I opened it it up, I could tell. They didnt round off ports or anything! Idiot probably saved $10 or $20 getting it bored by a hack. I didnt do this specifically for Trikefest as it was badly needed, but it sure had a bearing on the time frame!

ScottZJ
06-07-2005, 07:05 AM
I dont think I "restored" anything at all, I just highly modded it to better suit that one MX track. lol It was fun too and looks pretty cool too.

grundlegrabber
06-07-2005, 07:57 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=36798
Here's a thread I posted on the trikes I built for the fest. Started the 350X before I knew about TF, but was inspired to finish it for TF in hopes that my buddy would buy it and come out with me. It worked.
The R I hunted down and rebuilt 'cause I needed a trike to bring too.