PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok???

Tweeked
02-03-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey guys,
I took my first ride on my Big Red on sat. Well on Sun. I decided to see if I could get it to wheelie...I put it in first and jammed the throttle but it didn't immediatly catch on...and then started going but didn't jolt at all. I figured that if I put it in Neutral and reved it some then poped it into first and jammed it I could get it to wheelie. I only did it a couple times because I wasn't sure if it was good for the tranny or not. Is it ok, and should I be able to wheelie in first without having to revv it in Neutral? If it should wheelie in 1st...Why is it (kinda sputters) not picking up in 1st? Anyways, any hints or help would be appreciated. Thanks

-Mike

Muddy200x
02-04-2003, 12:00 AM
OUCH! :shock: Dont do that you will break somthing for sure...

Tweeked
02-04-2003, 12:04 AM
Haha, ok, I'll call it STOPS for now. But how the hell can I get this mofo to wheelie :D ?? Thanks

350xing
02-04-2003, 01:07 AM
Are you pulling up as you accelerate? My 200s won't come up on its own, you have to help it. You should be able to do it in 2nd and 3rd. And eventually learn to shift as you wheelie. Don't forget about the back brakes to bring the front down when you go too far. Try to keep your foot from pushing up on the shifter, it'll rev out. This post is for informational purposes only! Wheelies are dangerous! Attempt at your own risk! heheh

TimSr
02-04-2003, 01:16 AM
On an autoclutch, when you shift the shifter up to put into gear, hold it up after it clicks into gear, then rev it, and then drop the shifter down. This way you are popping the clutch instead of popping it into gear, which isnt nearly as hard on the machine.

King44
02-04-2003, 01:48 AM
My style of wheelies seems a bit different from most...I don't feel right standing up or sitting down while wheelying, so what I do is put my right knee on the seat with my foot hooked on the back rack. Shifting from 1st to 2nd SHOULD get you a wheelie this way if you pull back on the handlebars good. This is also good while learning, since you can jump off the back with no problem. I have a 250 Big Red that really woke up after some tuning the other day and pulled about a 25mph 3rd gear wheelie that it couldn't do before heh...I wasn't prepared and had to jump off :|

jeswinehart
02-04-2003, 01:50 AM
yeah, just like timSr. said,,,
not sure of the year of red you are running but if it is the 85 and newer (5 speed) you will want to push down into first and hold it down,,,, rev it up good and tight and pull your toe's off the shifter.

let us know what happins,,,,,,

Joel85350X
02-04-2003, 08:49 AM
That's funny, I can blip the throttle on my bike and hit my helmet on the handlebar pad. :) Theres no replacement for displacement. Most of the time I am struggling to keep the front tire on the ground. :)