PDA

View Full Version : Question about 350x modification parts

Zen250R
06-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Hi there, I just bought a 350x and there have things to change, like fenders, steering and couple of some minor stuff, at least the motor turn well

I would like to know what kind of modification parts I should put on this? Like what kind of good axle would fit on ? Durablue 400ex axle would fit? What pipes run well and I would also like to know if maier fenders are like the original ones. Thats about it, if you got any suggestion to upgrade this bike feel free to tell me :w00t:

Ordo
06-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Maier fenders look alright but they don't hold a handle to the factory ones in my opinion.The line on maiers don't look near as sharp as factory and tend to be more rounded in places.

NOS_350X
06-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Hi there, I just bought a 350x and there have things to change, like fenders, steering and couple of some minor stuff, at least the motor turn well

I would like to know what kind of modification parts I should put on this? Like what kind of good axle would fit on ? Durablue 400ex axle would fit? What pipes run well and I would also like to know if maier fenders are like the original ones. Thats about it, if you got any suggestion to upgrade this bike feel free to tell me :w00t:

Axle, go with the durablue for the 350x, why mess with trying to get one for another bike. I feel like the Maier ones look better than the stock. the stockers look deacent with the garnish but good luck finding one in good condition.

As for pipes go You perty much have 3 choices. DG, Cobra and Supertrapp. All 3 have pros and cons just depends on your preference. You can also make just about any motercycle exhaust work if you know how to cut and weld.

Other upgrades, get a good set of tires, get a UNI or K&N. Keep the filter clean, and make shure its jetted correctly. Keep good oil filter that will prolong your engine.

Maine_Triker
06-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Go with OEM plastics. Here is how to redtore some old ones:

First take a sander and sand sand sand untill most of the scratches are gone. Your plastic will appear white at this stage.
Then take a buffer and buff buff buff untill the plastics are minted out. You'll need to do nothing else.
You'll want to use a little bit of buffing compound when you buff. The key to the buffing is melting the plastic so it forms back with no scatches.
I've seen this done before, it's VERY time consuming, but the results are OEM plastics that look like the never left the showroom floor.

You can get all the reproduction decals from Harlan, he does great work.

TrikerR
06-06-2005, 08:55 AM
if you want go fast parts, look at www.powroll.com

Zen250R
06-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the answers, yea durablue for 350x, I said 400ex cuz I wasnt sure if they were making stuff specialy for the X. Oh well yea do they still sell oem fenders at honda? I dont think so eh? Alot of trouble to find used one just to have same finish I guess.. The thing I was wondering is if the durablue axle is larger then original one? I always wanted to try puting a larger axel on a trike with some racing turf tires, I bet the stability will increase if I do it .. on and yeah.. do you think is possible to put some nerf bar onto a trike, and if is it, is it useful lol ?

Maine_Triker
06-06-2005, 05:33 PM
OEM fenders for the X are discontinued.

Nerf bars... HMMM, I've thought of that before, you could get some for a quad and modify them to fit the X, might be a tough job, but would be a one-of-a-kind item.

350x'inNY
06-06-2005, 05:45 PM
OEM fenders for the X are discontinued.

Nerf bars... HMMM, I've thought of that before, you could get some for a quad and modify them to fit the X, might be a tough job, but would be a one-of-a-kind item.
Kinda like a rear taillight switch and a seat diaper! :D

Maine_Triker
06-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Kinda like a rear taillight switch and a seat diaper! :D

Don't forget the rubber on the kicker!!! :D :D :D :D

Pigga
06-06-2005, 07:09 PM
for the exaughst i put stock 400ex headers on and then did a custom mid pipe to an fmf muffler.
as for the axle i took my stock 350x swinger added 3 inches to the length that makes it just long enough to use a 400ex's chain. and then I replaced my stock carryer and axle and replaced it with a 300ex's bearing carryer and axle. take the stock shitty head lights out and go buy 500 watt hallogens BIG! difference in your visabillity.
as for fenders if you buy the dirt riders magazine there is some shope listed in the back you can get new plastics from.

Zen250R
06-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Nice, you got pics of that ride?

Pigga
06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
i only have one view though :(
when you click on the picture give it a minute and it will get Clearer

and yes my front fender is Broken...

Oldshell4481
06-06-2005, 07:54 PM
i would think nerf bars would get in the way on a trike, especially since i use my feet for reverse :D

Pigga
06-06-2005, 07:59 PM
i would never put nerf bars on any thing be cause they get in the way ALOT! and i have seen some one get their foot stuck in between the nerf bar and the tire and yes it will break your ankle in several places. and if you get run over with out them "I have Done this" you can just slide your feet inwards to the axle and you get a little scrap on the back of your legs...

Zen250R
06-07-2005, 02:58 PM
lol :O Nice one to