PDA

View Full Version : 86 250R Fork Questions, Need Specs

grundlegrabber
06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Anyone familiar with rebuilding 86 250R forks? I am putting mine together right now, and I need the fork oil capacity and fork oil level specs. Also, is this supposed to have dual springs like the 350X? My forks have only one spring, but it comes all the way to the top of the tube so it looks like that's the way it's supposed to be. Don't have a service manual for this one, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 1 week until TF and here is what she looks like...

OldManDM
06-03-2005, 12:24 AM
yes,springs on the `86 are all one peice,they changed it from the 2 peie that the `85`s used.....according to the Honda service manual,the `86 forks required 465cc (15.5 oz.) of ATF or fork oil......after adding the oil,pump the upper shaft up and down several times,then compress the upper shaft all the way down in the lower tube and measure the oil level from the top of the tube after the level stabilizes.....it should be 113 mm (4.4 inches) from the top of the tube....

hope this answers your questions

(just went thru this night before last replacing the seals in my `85,loL)

grundlegrabber
06-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Hey, thanks a million OldMan. Just what I needed, now I can put the legs back under her!

~ Rob ~

OldManDM
06-03-2005, 12:53 AM
no prob,anytime....any more questions i might can answer or can look up in the manual for you,just let me know....good luck getting ready for trikefest!