PDA

View Full Version : Forward Tow !!!!

bigredhead
06-02-2005, 03:12 PM
ok.. well no one wants to admit it... i know .

BUT.. sooner or later, you will need to be pulled out of the muck.. or get a pull home.. just a fact of life. Unless you turn around at every potential sticky spot !!

The Big Red's with front racks have the perfect solution with front racks..

but for all the R and X and SX riders... etc.....

When the need to go FORWARD comes.. where do you hook the cables ?

handlebars ? ( dont' want to snag any wires ) .

Tripple ( don't want to bend or break front fenders.. )

I used the spacer on the front axle oposite to the brake on my SX last weekend but don't like the leverage factor on the front forks.....

So.. any solutions ? :D

ATCWRENCH
06-02-2005, 03:16 PM
I usually just attach the tow strap to the headlight guard, never had any problems with that.

1984kxtTECATE
06-02-2005, 03:29 PM
I go get one of my other trikes to pull it out from the rear.

azhondagrl
06-02-2005, 03:41 PM
God only knows i've been towed plenty of times. lol. I usually push wires out of the way and hook to the handlebars.

canadiandevil2
06-02-2005, 04:30 PM
I wrap the rope in around the frame by the gooseneck then bring the rope right out above my fender

ATC crazy
06-02-2005, 06:48 PM
I wrapped the strap around both forks, between each triple-tree

Yamahauler
06-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Ive always just strapped it around the forks

short4stuff
06-02-2005, 09:36 PM
I will use this beast lol .. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7881

ha ha its a beast of a "push bar" get out of my x's way lol

Oldshell4481
06-02-2005, 09:54 PM
front fender looks like the push has slipped before, ive always thought of what if you had a front bumper, i would always have a small loop of rope, and just wrap around the forks and pull it back through itself and use that as a hitch, i dont think there would be enough pressure to bend the forks. other than that i like the idea of hooking it to the frame.

YAMAHA_Jim
06-02-2005, 10:01 PM
I can honestly say that I've never been stuck to where I need an atv or winch to pull me out. I'm usually alone when I ride so help is not an option.I can pick up either end of my Blaster and drag it out of where ever I'm stuck.I have a good idea which mudholes I can and cant get through before I bury myself in them.My YTM has been in some deep mud and hasnt gotten seriously stuck yet. My Tri-Z's will never see mud.period.lol