PDA

View Full Version : Why can't i throw it out ?

bigredhead
06-02-2005, 09:43 AM
I think it's a sickness.. really. :p

My garage contains a fair amount of " useless " parts.. like trashed handlebars headpipes for machines i no longer own ( need to e-bay that stuff some day !! ) .. worn brake drums i don't think i'll ever use........ unless...

See.. it's that " unless " part that drives me nuts !.... i just can't do it.

anyone else suffer from this ? :D

Trackburger
06-02-2005, 09:49 AM
oh yeah....Your not the only one, I save stuff I know I will never use again, but just can let it go!!! :p Worn out brake pads, old rusty chains, bent axles....you name it. its kind of strange, but.......You Never Know!!! :beer

ATC crazy
06-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Yup...Im the same way. I just cant seem to throw something out that I might have a use for sometime in the future. Ya just never know what you might need it for...especiall for "redneck engineering" ;)

bigredhead
06-02-2005, 10:01 AM
" Redneck Engineering " .. hahahahaha.. i like that !

Trackburger
06-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Hey...."Redneck engineering" could get you in a few more hours of riding...... :D :D :p

400ccHomemade
06-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I have the opisite problem, I HATE clutter, and toss or sell anything I don't need right then. There are so many things I could have used at a later time, and I swore at myself for getting rid of them. Now, I basically keep everything.

threewheelin-feelin
06-02-2005, 01:11 PM
yes i feel the same way about my stuff....and yes it is a sickness :mad:

Tri-Z Pilot
06-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Isnt it strange that as soon as you get rid of something after the longest time, you need it like a week later? Anyone have this problem?

TRI Z Racer
06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
I keep all my bent and broken stuff too... it goes to my wall of shame! anything broken worn or in any other way ruined on my part or worn beyond "spec" (usually way beyond) goes up there, its a constant reminder of what not to do

Huffa
06-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Isnt it strange that as soon as you get rid of something after the longest time, you need it like a week later? Anyone have this problem?

Well I had 2 rear 22X11X8 tires that were decent but not decent enough to really sell so I kept & kept and kept them. 3- 5 years goes by and screw it, I threw them out.

A year later and I have 3 - 3 wheelers that could have used them :rolleyes:

Same goes with a 185S frame - threw it out and now I'm back into them and could have sold or used it :rolleyes:

I hate clutter too but you sure get pissed if you have to rebuy the part over again. Sometimes I throw a part away and then a day later take it right back ouy of the trash! :D

Somtimes ya just can't win no matter what decision you make. I'm sure we ALL run into this time & time again through life with a lot of house hold things also...............or the wife :rolleyes:

grundlegrabber
06-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I used to keep everything until I filled up all possible usable space (I think my mom hates me). When I found ebay a few years back, I began getiing rid of the stuff I didn't need or use. Used the money to stock up on parts for the bikes I am in to. I keep way too much stuff, just can't seem to part with it. I have been considering psychological counseling, but I'd rather spend the money on 3 wheeler parts. As it is, I am out of space again. Starting to forget what all I have. I need a warehouse or something. Or maybe some counseling...

Howdy
06-03-2005, 05:18 AM
Yup...Im the same way. I just cant seem to throw something out that I might have a use for sometime in the future. Ya just never know what you might need it for...especiall for "redneck engineering" ;)

Same here. I do a lot of redneck engineering myself.

I'm a collector also. I hate to throw some stuff out. But since we ran out of room at the shop we decided to start throwing a lot of stuff out. We now have a new Ebay rule: If it don't sell in 2 attemps it gets trashed. This is done right after the auctions end ( within a hour ).
Howdy

bigredhead
06-03-2005, 08:04 AM
How bout .. if it don't sell within 2 auctions.. include it with your next sale .. free !

Huffa
06-03-2005, 08:35 AM
How bout .. if it don't sell within 2 auctions.. include it with your next sale .. free !

That's a great idea! :beer

Make the sale that much more appealing.

Maine_Triker
06-03-2005, 08:48 AM
That's a great idea! :beer

Make the sale that much more appealing.

Just like with the gas cap!!! :D lol

I am the same with my stuff, I have a couple broken and useless 350x parts, that I just can't through out!!! Also have several useless 250sx parts (bent forks and axles, etc.) that are just sitting out back in the 'parts room'!!