PDA

View Full Version : Rocker Arm Shaft Removal

Yamahauler
06-02-2005, 12:14 AM
How do you get it out? Will it be pretty hard to pull out, or is there something else you have to do?
I am confused,
thanks

jenndnn3
06-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Which trike? The 200s you just put in a screw that fits and use the screw to pull it out. you can see that the rocker dowels are threaded.

Mobular
06-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Some have a pin holding the shaft in place. Your manual will tell you of the proper removal procedure.

Yamahauler
06-02-2005, 01:04 PM
its for the ytm, I know something threads into the rocker arm shaft but it wont budge. Is it hard to get them out?

Yamahauler
07-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I just started at trying to take the shafts out and I got the intake one out, but the exhaust one wont budge.

What I did was I took a piece of flat iron and put it across where the cam chain cover goes and then drilled a hole in it, put a bolt through that threaded into the rocker arm shaft and tightened the bolt. It pulled the intake out but it just ripped the threads off the bolt when i tried to take the exhaust one out.

Any other idea?

edog
07-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Is the head still on the motor?
If it is you have to take one of the head bolts out.There is a grove in the rocker pin that the head bolt holds in place,You need to remove the bolt to get it out.

Yamahauler
07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
The head is off, I'm going to see if I can find a longer bolt so it can bite on more threads, it had about 3/8" of the bolt's threads screwed it and when I tried tightening it more, but it ripped the threads off the bolt.