PDA

View Full Version : I just got a 250R!!!

Rando Talbot
02-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Well after a many month search I found a 85 ATC 250R. :smokin The thing is awesome. But, before I go smoke my buddies on their 4 wheelers, I have got a couple questions:

1. Did the original fork boots come in royal blue?
2. Since Ive ridden bikes (CR250) for many years I need a twist throttle, who/where could I get one?
3. Would a Fatty pipe be worth the money?

Thanks

Jeb
02-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey Rando,

Welcome to the board!

How's your brother Rondo these days?

:-D

Try Dennis Kirk Or James Lucky. I believe they offer twist throttle kits.

Tweeked
02-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Rando,
Again, Wecome aboard.

I do believe the 85' 205R's did come with royal blue fork boots.

Heres a link to a twist throttle kit for your 250R: http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/details/detail.asp?serverid=OffRoad&PartNo=571190 .

And about the Pipe. I'm not sure, I don't own a 250R or an aftermarket pipe on my trike so I wouldn't know :D. but I'm sure someone does.

See ya

BIGKAHUNA
02-03-2003, 03:54 PM
None of the aftermarket fork boots I have found match the other blue that is on the 250R. Go to http://cal-atv.com/ and take a look at the OEM boots..they be high dolla! but they are definitly the correct color and look much better than the aftermarket boots I have seen. If anyone on the board knows an aftermarket company that has a boot closer the the stock one cmon and share the knowledge!

Lots_Of_Nothing
02-03-2003, 04:19 PM
i got these off ebay for $28.99, i put them on my 84 250R and they looks good (i didnt want to use stock black ones)

the guy sells them in red, royal blue (the ones i got), and black, and alot more, just write him an email and he weill sell you some or list some on ebay for you, hes a real nice guy, and he used next day shipping, i got them the same week i sent money order

Rando Talbot
02-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Hey Rando,

Welcome to the board!

How's your brother Rondo these days?

:-D

Try Dennis Kirk Or James Lucky. I believe they offer twist throttle kits.

Rondo is doing well. If you thought he knows a thing or too, wait until you talk to me!

Thanks for the info on the throttle and pipe.

Chemical442
02-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Here's that lucky trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro Rando's TwoFiddyAre... Lucky effen effer!
Tell your brother to stop pulling 4th gear wheelies in the hood! :D

Rando Talbot
02-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Here's that lucky trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro Rando's TwoFiddyAre... Lucky effen effer!
Tell your brother to stop pulling 4th gear wheelies in the hood! :D

Hey, nice wheeler. wait a minute.... thats mine!! I buy a new 250R and I dont even get to ride it, my brother took it and hes hacking on it (he had to store it while I cleared a spot in the garage).

I am leaving work right now to go take back what is mine and terrorize the neighborhood kids with it.

Chemical442
02-03-2003, 07:43 PM
I am leaving work right now to go take back what is mine and terrorize the neighborhood kids with it.

YASE! If you leave it at his place too long, he'll Solid Axle Swap it and and try dropping some pussy ass 4.3L in it. :D

Gotta get us some action picts once you get it out and hammer on it! :-D Do I smell some Ice Riding?

BIGKAHUNA
02-03-2003, 07:44 PM
i got these off ebay for $28.99, i put them on my 84 250R and they looks good (i didnt want to use stock black ones)

the guy sells them in red, royal blue (the ones i got), and black, and alot more, just write him an email and he weill sell you some or list some on ebay for you, hes a real nice guy, and he used next day shipping, i got them the same week i sent money order

Nothing wrong with those boots 84ATC2560R but when compared to stock the color just aint that close...when you compare the stock ones to the seat and the rear shock the color actually matches and doesnt stand out as being different..and I prefer the design a little better (more pleats(?) with a different "bend"). Check out the comparison pics...

LAME
02-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Hey, nice wheeler. wait a minute.... thats mine!! I buy a new 250R and I dont even get to ride it, my brother took it and hes hacking on it (he had to store it while I cleared a spot in the garage).

Wallhack. Tough to pound on that enough with the foul tires. Already pee'd off the neighbors enough with it. Dirt tracking in 4th last night upset some clowns. I think they like the Forman and Red better. :rolleyes: Do something with the bars. They are set up like a 7' tall 125 moto rider would want. FOUL.

Chemical442
02-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Wallhack. Tough to pound on that enough with the foul tires. Already pee'd off the neighbors enough with it. Dirt tracking in 4th last night upset some clowns. I think they like the Forman and Red better. :rolleyes: Do something with the bars. They are set up like a 7' tall 125 moto rider would want. FOUL.

http://www.metzelfeste.de/images/Smilies/smiley024.gif

Welcome, Slacker! ;) Good to see you here! You gonna dump some moneys on another trike now too? or just beat the Big Red into the ground?!?!

theeechozen1
02-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Rando, ima have to recommend the fatty pipe, I have one on mine and it screems down low and revs great. I'd try to get one off e-bay since I see them going pretty cheap on there all the time and they rarely get bend up. ---good luck :Beerchug

LAME
02-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Trike someday.

Need to finish the Willys, KDX, Booger, and get a house, then maybe I can think about getting an Are, :D

250rmanfmf
02-03-2003, 10:39 PM
YES, GET THE FATTY PIPE, I have one on my R, it just looks kill and does improve preformace.

HemiChallenger71
02-03-2003, 11:49 PM
HEY CHEMICAL, DONT BASH THE 4.3, its one of the best motors ever made.

Chemical442
02-04-2003, 03:15 AM
HEY CHEMICAL, DONT BASH THE 4.3, its one of the best motors ever made.

http://www.spao.de/pict/smilies/laugh2.gif Good one, there, Hemi! http://www.spao.de/pict/smilies/laugh2.gif

;)

250SX
02-04-2003, 03:22 AM
I've got a twist on my '85 R that I'll trade ya. I hate 'em. email if interested. nice find, btw.

Rando Talbot
02-04-2003, 10:22 AM

I fixed the bars and the levers, much better. I took it out on Weaver Lake and opened it up on the plowed road. The thing is great.

It seems the 250R is slightly faster then the old 200 Big Red. Which, by the way, is coming over to your house tonight. The CR and the KDX will be over later.

My wife says the 250R "has a gnarly look to it" and would rather I stuck with the putt putt Big Red.

I think it needs the Fatty Pipe, eBay here I come.

LAME
02-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Ma sez the Cops are gonna be at your house by the end of the week :D

Do they make a spark arrestor for that? Something like you got on the CR? I would nab one before we hit the trails and have to deal with DNR.

Chemical442
02-04-2003, 01:40 PM
It seems the 250R is slightly faster then the old 200 Big Red.

I seriously doubt that!!!

There's no WAY a 250R could beat a Big Red in a race. No way. Nope. :-P