PDA

View Full Version : pictures from my ride today

slothminx
05-30-2005, 05:42 PM
we set off this morning at around 12 o clock with the trikes loaded up in the back of my friends pickup and set off towards a clay pit where we ride them. when we unloaded them i had a small proplem getting the 70 started, but once it was running it ran well all day, it hasnt rained for a while so when we found some mud and water we hung around it for a while. the picture you can see with the trike next to a small pond is where it looked as though the bottom was solid but when i got about 1 foot into it i found soft clay and had to get in the stuff to pull the trike out, my shoes are now brown and thick with clay :p . the day went very well and niether of the trikes had any problems. if you want me to post some of the videos that i took aswell just ask.

sorry all the photos were taken on my phone

will

Derrick Adams
05-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Awesome pictures guys! Looks like a great place to ride.

kilabeez0
05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
did you really ride a 70 ALL day?

slothminx
05-30-2005, 07:08 PM
yep its my beast :p its surprising the kind of stuff that little thing will get through
but i will have to get somthing a bit larger its on the small side for me :TrikesOwn

chris200x
05-30-2005, 07:09 PM
did you actually try to drive through that pond on your 70?

slothminx
05-30-2005, 07:12 PM
only a little bit of it, the pond itself wouldnt be that deep if when your in it there wasnt a foot of soft sticky mud on the bottom, later on i found water a foot deep with a hard bottom and the 70 wanted more :)

250r'en +TCB
05-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Um I don't know if I could EVER believe that chrisr200x!!!
Unless it was like an inch deep!!!
If he did I wan't the video of him pond hoping across!!!

BIGCRIP28
05-30-2005, 09:19 PM
looks fun :D

Oldshell4481
05-30-2005, 09:32 PM
no faith in the trusty 70 250r'en+TCB??

kilabeez0
05-30-2005, 09:46 PM
yep its my beast :p its surprising the kind of stuff that little thing will get through
but i will have to get somthing a bit larger its on the small side for me :TrikesOwn

how old are you?

slothminx
05-31-2005, 05:35 AM
im 15 i know im too big for it but i like rding it and its real hard to get hold of another trike here, and another problem would be that both of the trikes wouldnt fit in the back of the pickup.when im out i do ride the klt and its much much easier on the bumpy roads

will

250r'en +TCB
05-31-2005, 05:57 AM
Don't get me wrong about the old 70. The things are bulletproof. I don't know if they have ever made something as reliable sense then! But pond hoping a 70? I will definatly need to see some video of that!!!!

slothminx
05-31-2005, 06:14 AM
i wasnt trying to hop across it, i was trying to ride through the corner and see how deep water it would get through, but now you have said pond hopping i may try it :p

anyone want to donate a bigger trike to me :naughty:

250r'en +TCB
05-31-2005, 08:25 AM
how about just slapping a 250r engine in that puppy! Then mount a ski to the front forks and get some paddle tires!!!
Then grab a hand-full of throttle and start to pray to the god of trikes you make it across!!!
You definatly need to send some video of that!!!!!
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

slothminx
05-31-2005, 08:33 AM
im going again later in the week so i will get a video of me trying to hop some water :D i will also get some more action pictures for you to see like me in waist deep clay spraying mud with the 70 :cool:

will

bigredhead
05-31-2005, 09:11 AM
If ever you get a chance to come over to canada.. come try this water hole for fun !!

solid bottom !! ;) .. but deep ! :eek:

slothminx
05-31-2005, 09:40 AM
how much is shipping to get that water hole over here:D yep if i ever am in canada i will make sure a trip to that hole is number 1 on the list of things to do. the 70 might be a bit small for that as all you would be able to see would be the head of the rider. hmm i think im gonna have to start saving for trikefest 06 :naughty:

foster
05-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Good show, Bigredhead!
There's a hole like that over in Albert County that just goes and goes and goes. Same deal, very narrow, solid bottom but very, very deep and that hole across the river must be a half-mile long.
The first time I tackled it all the boys on their big 4X4s were freaking me out all the way there: "Oh, you wait until you get to that hole. You'll never make it through that hole. That hole blah blah blah...."
So when we got there, I knew everyone was waiting for me to try it. I was pretty nervous but put on a brave act and didn't even stop before entering, just plowed on in.
Made it!
Everyone was hooting and clapping.
The hole was so long, that it went a long, long ways straight ahead, then disappeared around a bend and kept going for awhile yet.
Huge water holes are great -- except when my trike dies in the middle of one!