PDA

View Full Version : More questions about my 200x

jsimonh
05-28-2005, 10:52 PM
The rear shock is out of gas or something :wondering When you sit on it, it goes all the way down :eek: . The front forks are so stiff that you have to jump on the front to get them to break loose :Bounce . The front forks have had air put in and also have had airremoved trying to figure them out with no luck :confused: .
Any suggestions?
Do I need a new rear shock or can this one be slavaged?
I was told you can use air in the rear shock, but I cant find where to air it up at.
The front ones don't seem to have a leak or anything maybe I need to keep adjusting the air pressure?

Sorry again for all the questions, but you guys have helped me out alot.

chris200x
05-28-2005, 10:57 PM
I think the rear shocks are charged with nitrogen. Also I've read somewhere that air in the front shocks is no good...You should change the fluid in them. I know the fronts can be rebuilt. Not exactly sure about the rear. I would imagine you would need to replace the seals and stuff.

Howdy
05-29-2005, 01:20 AM
The proper way to set the air on the front shocks is to lift the fron end off the ground. Remove the shrader valves ( the little air fitting on the top of the shocks ) and drain all the air out of the shocks and let them extend all the way they will go. Then while the shocks are fully extended re install the shrader valves. Put the trike back down on the floor and your done. You do not want to add ANY air pressure in them unless your doing some extreme jumping. Even then you don't want to go over 1-2 PSI.

For the rear mono shock, They are filled with nitrogen. When they are working properly they will have 298 PSI in them ( states it in the manual ). The rear Mono shock must be serviced by someone that does shocks ( some dealer, and other comanies ). You were also told wrong about the air working in them. Regular air will not do any good. Not only that but I am sure your air compressor don't go to 298 PSI. ;)
Howdy