PDA

View Full Version : Please help a moron with a YT125

mstan99999
05-27-2005, 10:40 AM
You guys helped me identify my new toy earlier this week. I am taking it to the woods this weekend and I don't want to kill it the first time out.

I have never owened a two stroke bike before. I was told that this trike has an oil injector, but I don't know where it would be or how it works. Where would the oil tank be. How and where does it conect to the carb. I have looked and I can't seem to see anything that looks like what I would imagine it would look like.

The guy who sold me the trike said he was mixing 40 to 1 premix, but he also said it was a 200cc. It doesn't matter to me that it isn't wah he said it was because it is a cheep toy that will do just exactly what I want. I would just hate to kill it because of something stupid.

Also, how would I find the year? The trike is covered in thick black paint. If I knew where to scrape, I'm sure that I could find any id marks.

Lastly, is there a rack that can be mounted to the back of this trike or should I just try to make something?

Thank you in advance for any info!!!

bigredhead
05-27-2005, 10:58 AM
if the gas is being mixed.. it means he's bypassing the oil injector... that's ok. but make sure you mix it correctly. Alot of these old machines no longer use the oil injector.

the VIN and all that is usually on the steering stem part of the frame.. behind the front forks.. look for a riveted plate.

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2005, 11:02 AM
First thing. Do not trust the oil injection. Premix it your self.

Second, post some photographs, and I am sure we can identify the year break for you.

Finally, there are racks available for the YT's. Cover eBay and cycle salvage yards. Also look into J.C. Whitney. They still offer some racks for trikes

rustbucket
05-27-2005, 04:01 PM
First I have two 125s bothe have oilinjectors and they work great. only a retard would run out of oil. two as far as year look at the forks below the headlight theres a peice of steel holding them together if that has a yamaha sticker ther its an 80 if theres two holes for screws (for a headlight cover) its 81 to 85 if theres vents in the plastic around the engine its 82 up

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Running out of oil is not the problem. Failure of the oil injection system is. I have burned up too many engines in my younger day because I relied on that system.

ATC_MAN
05-27-2005, 04:32 PM
how often would you need to inject oil? i know nothing about trikes but i get my yt 125 in a few days

slothminx
05-27-2005, 04:34 PM
ATC_MAN

the oil is injected constantly by the injection system so if your wanting to add the oil yourself you need to premix the oil and fuel

Wickedfinger
05-27-2005, 04:42 PM
I've never had one fail on me - two Scrambler/Sport 400's, an old Suzuki 250 enduro, and a Blaster. However, I also trust NOTHING mechanical (too many years as a mechanic have made me a cynic). Do they even still make a real block off kit for the old 125/175's?.

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2005, 06:06 PM
That is a good question. I have not seen a block of kit available. However, I would think making one should be relatively easy.

rustbucket
05-27-2005, 11:05 PM
You guys run too many yamajunks when suzuki came out with injection on their ts series bikes many people thought oh ican take that off wrong suzuki ts/tc/tm bikes with the exclusion of the 400 have pressure to the bearing on the flywheel side no oil pump no bearing lube so the designed the posi force system it has check balls in the lines to keep the from bleeding back. plus its run from a gear off the crank not in the tranny like yami so even if you don't move the pump is still pumping. Anyway since noone really told him what the oil tank looked like so he can find it it should be a semi transparent jug above the left rear wheel can't miss it unless its gone.

Wickedfinger
05-28-2005, 12:02 AM
That "posi-force" system was neat and is what my old Suzuki had - it used 30wt engine oil - no 2-stroke oil.

rustbucket
05-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I've had lots of those ts bikes their tougher than any trike yami evermade faster top end than most trikes my 185 will do 83 mph according to gps readout. I had one of those 400s too too much bike for me i dumped it alot but after 1970 the bikes had cci injection which really wasn't much different.