PDA

View Full Version : Help! Identify this Yamaha

Power_Ram100
05-27-2005, 02:38 AM
The was in a local online add. IM gonna call the guy tommrow but before i do i want to know exacly what this model and year it is. Is it a Yamaha 225DX or Yamaha Tri Moto?? It looks to be in good shape and take little to get it running. Is it worth it?? This is what the add says:

Yamaha 225 three wheeler shaft drive - $300

"I bought this yesterday in a package deal with some othere bikes. He said it ran ayear ago till his wife fell over. It has electric start but battiers dead. Has pull start. Klicks through the gears. Front fender was broke on end. Has a rack to. This is being sold not running, And with a Bill of sale."

Power_Ram100
05-27-2005, 02:42 AM
Also what types of problems does this model have?? Anything I sould look out for?? Your help is much appreciated

Matt

TheOlderFox
05-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Looks like a YTM225. If it has reverse it is a YTM225DR. Nice machines in my mind. If it isn't running, just check for a spark first. Roll it around and listen for any odd noises. Put it in 5th and try to push it that way you can hear the tranny. Bring a can of starting fluid with you. See if you can get the trike to pop. I think if it is complete it is worth around the 300 being asked. Parts aren't too hard to find and there are at least of few of us on the site that have torn into these machines.

edog
05-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Looks like a 1983 225 drn or dxn Yamaha Tri Moto with compition yellow plastic to me.The decal on the side of the side cover gives it away.