PDA

View Full Version : Ran when I parked it a month ago.

angryyoung
05-26-2005, 05:28 PM
My ytm175 dont run anymore. I parked it amonth ago. What could be wrong? It has no muffler whatsoever, i just wanted to see if it would start for a couple seconds. I have pulled the carb, but havent looked too much at it. Any ideas on how to get this thing running will be greatly appreciated.

86250RZ
05-26-2005, 05:42 PM
1st of all, I would not try and run the trike without and exhaust. That may also be you problem with it not cranking, you need some sort of backpressure for it to run.Without an exuast you will have none.

slothminx
05-26-2005, 05:42 PM
ok the first thing you will need to do is take the spark plug out hold it against a bit of the engine with no paint with something insulated(unless it gives you a thrill to get a shock :D ) and turn it over, you are looking for a nice blue spark. if you dont have a spark check the kill switch and all other wiring for shorts or damage. If you do have a beautiful blue spark ;) then its probably that your not getting any fuel, to check if this is it you can put a very small amount of fuel in the plug hole and try running it, if it does then check you got fuel going to the carb. if this doesnt work either you may have low compression or your timing may be out (unlikely if when you parked it the engine ran). you could try bump starting it so that you can turn it over for a long time i find this works somtimes to force the engine into life. hope you get it running soon

will

KayodicWeazel
05-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Great explanation, slothminx.

angryyoung
05-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks alot, ill try this tomorrow.

MTS
05-26-2005, 09:22 PM
put the pipe on a clean the carb new plug.

threewheelin-feelin
05-26-2005, 09:26 PM
all you need is a head pipe....and check for compression too...after you check for spark and gas

Trikeaholic
05-26-2005, 10:38 PM
mine does the exact same thing, so dont worry. It just takes so long to get the fuel supply up because the vaccum operated fuel pump cant pump effeciently from just yanking the rope. You need to shoot a lil majic juice in there to get it to fire, then it wil make enough vaccum that the fuel pump starts working. At least thats what mine does and how I get her running. over 2 weeks of sitting its a bear to start.