PDA

View Full Version : losing weight

walker
05-24-2005, 02:24 PM
What is the best way to remove weight from a 250 es?

ScottZJ
05-24-2005, 03:07 PM
remove the racks, headlight system, hitch, and then add a plastic tank, smaller tires. But then if you did that, then you would have an SX. lol :Bounce

mikey's250sx
05-24-2005, 03:09 PM
lighter exhaust.

walker
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Do you think that would be a good (& cheap) way to gain a little speed and make it handle a little better?

walker
05-24-2005, 03:22 PM
I know this isn't the right thread but it is my thread so, has anyone tried that new krylon paint that is supposed to be for plastic? I was wondering if it actually worked because it is expensive by spray paint standards.

mikey's250sx
05-24-2005, 03:22 PM
as far as handling it is a heavy trike. no two ways about it. if you pull the racks and get say a cobra silencer(they are not the best but they are cheap) and drill some holes in the airbox lid you will see an improvement in throttle response mostly. if you want speed buy another trike. if you want an easy to use comfy trike that will go almost anywhere keep the red. or you can do what i do. use it for a year and sell it to fund a new one. that way you get to taste a lot of different models.

Tri-ZNate
05-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Removing weight huh? As was said before remove the heavy stuff racks, hitches, and basically anything metal that isnt part of you frame obviously. Something else that might remove some weight is to get some lightweight handlebars like aluminum ones to replace the stock metal ones.

If you want speed and peppyness get a high comp piston (like a 10.25:1 nothing real fancy), take the air box lid off, and if you want a little more speed (like 2 to 3 mph) saw the spark arrestor out of the exhaust so that it is a strait pipe (not recommended because you'll fry your valves but if you got money for new valves every now and then go for it).

For handling put some knobbies on front and back, run some smaller tires so you can powerslide easier, and get a skinnier front tire.

If you want even better handling, speed and so fourth get an X. Also I dont think it is cheap but get one of those devices that can take your cdi box up to 18,000 RPMS! :twisted:

86250RZ
05-24-2005, 05:53 PM
If you want even better handling, speed and so fourth get an X. Also I dont think it is cheap but get one of those devices that can take your cdi box up to 18,000 RPMS! :twisted:[/QUOTE]

That would be a waste of money, no trike I have ever seen has a rev limiter to start with.

bigredhead
05-24-2005, 09:00 PM
ITP aluminum rims.
2 Ply Tires.. maybe 4 instead of 6.
remove hitch. racks.
Plastic Tank
Lighter plastic/seat setup..

So ... do all this to an SX.. and i bet you get it down to 250 lbs.

BIGCRIP28
05-24-2005, 09:43 PM
18,000 rpms? your engine probably wont stay together running at half that for a long period.