PDA

View Full Version : Australian Wreckers

repi
05-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi guys,

I am from melb vic, Australia and am having such a hard time finding any wreckers or shops that can help me with trikes + parts . Every single wrecker down here has nothing.

Can anyone help me out with an aussie wrecker or shop with trike parts that you may know of, and possibly provide their contact details.

Also any ebay shops (overseas ones) that you could reccomend (PM me these links if possible as this forum doesn't allow ebay links)

I am currently in the process of restoring a ytm200, and am in need of a couple of bits.

Also in the market for a 250R or similar with the rear suspension.

Any help would be GREATLY appretiated.

Thanks & Cheers,
repi.
:beer

TrikerR
05-24-2005, 08:28 AM
where are in australia
im on west coast and occasionally there happens a 250r in the trader
also, some tri z's every now and again

repi
05-24-2005, 08:40 AM
What prices do they usually go for both the 250's and tri-z's ?

Cheers,
repi.
:beer

TrikerR
05-24-2005, 08:51 AM
tri z: 1500-3000
R: 2000-4000

BIGCRIP28
05-24-2005, 10:36 AM
tri z: 1500-3000
R: 2000-4000

that high? :eek:

slothminx
05-24-2005, 11:54 AM
that high? :eek:
thats australian dollars

RideRed250R
05-24-2005, 01:49 PM
so does that come down to be like 1500 American???
adam

EZ in NZ
05-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Personally, I had no luck at all with wreckers in Victoria. About 12 months ago I was emailing them looking for an X swinger to chop/extend. No joy at all. I must have tried 5-6 different yards. One wrecker even challenged me with a few emails back and fourth saying there was no such thing as an ATC with rear suspension. "Ummmm, Yeah, OK, Thanks, I'll move on".

Good luck.

Aussieboy1
05-25-2005, 03:13 AM
Hmmmmm l could give up the ghost by letting you guys in on a secret squirrel wreaker in NZ.. He has a running 82 250r, almost complete 85 kxt 250.. Several in complete tri z ( all the motors are running though.) And probably another 10 more suspended trikes in parts. There is also 20-30 other trikes there as well......
BUT l cannot bring myself to tell you who and where he is... Then again if someone wants parts let me know and l will contact him for you.. OK His prices are reasonable ..
Really sorry people but took me 2 years of searching to find him........

greenhuman
05-25-2005, 04:39 AM
There is a wrecker in Australia helping destroy the sport. . He runs adds in the paper and pays sweet f**k-all for mostly good running trikes off poor boneheads who have no idea. He is also in league with the biggest con artist in Australia. I wouldn't say he is doing the trike scene any favours at all, just lining his pockets . The trike situation is small enough over here without wrecking good runners.

EZ in NZ
05-25-2005, 04:51 AM
Hmmmmm l could give up the ghost by letting you guys in on a secret squirrel wreaker in NZ.. He has a running 82 250r, almost complete 85 kxt 250.. Several in complete tri z ( all the motors are running though.) And probably another 10 more suspended trikes in parts. There is also 20-30 other trikes there as well......
BUT l cannot bring myself to tell you who and where he is... Then again if someone wants parts let me know and l will contact him for you.. OK His prices are reasonable ..
Really sorry people but took me 2 years of searching to find him........

I'd like to contact him myself. What's the big deal?

It's not like I'm wanting to buy ALL of his stuff! It sure would save me paying crazy freight prices for my occasional parts from the US.

atcmatt
05-29-2005, 09:27 PM
There was a good wreckers in country Victoria. It was called pirron motorcylce wreckers (pirron yallock) they had a few parts but mainly for Honda Trikes. They had good prices too. I cannot for the life of me find there number, you may have to search the net or something to find it. I also beleive they moved to somewhere else (still in Victoria). Good on ya for restoring a trike.

Matt ;)

EZ in NZ
05-30-2005, 01:54 AM
That's the wrecking yard I was emailing when they tried to tell me there was no such thing as a rear suspended ATC. Maybe I got the 'new guy' or something! :rolleyes:

Anyway...here's is the email address I was using to communicate with them in August 2004:

pirronmcwreckers@datafast.net.au

Aussieboy1
05-30-2005, 04:57 AM
There is a motorcycle wreaker - secondhand seller in a place called Mildura(my home town) Victoria. they should be able to help Not sure of the name but heaps of trikes sold there its a grape growing place.. Just check out the yellow pages on line ok ..

repi
05-30-2005, 05:53 AM
thanks for the help so far guys, keep the contacts coming :)